Detailed look at EPCOT'S recent Harmonious fountain and lighting test

17 days ago in "Harmonious"

Harmonious Mexico barge fountain test and icon barge lighting test - March 24 2021

Installation crews were carrying out a number of tests at EPCOT yesterday on the fountains and lighting systems for the upcoming Harmonious show set to debut later this year.

The Mexico barge, which was one of the first to be installed, was running through a high pressure vertical fountain test.

The show platforms have a number of fountain nozzles on various parts of the structure, including some on the articulating arm that extends from the platform.

In the vertical mode, the fountains are capable of some considerable height, somewhere in the region of at least 100ft.

The water falling from the lower third towards the front is interesting. It isn't clear if this is actually a powered cascade fountain, or run-off of water collected on the platform from the main fountains.

The morning sunlight refraction was causing an interesting color effect on the mist coming off the fountains.

Although there will be a daytime fountain display to disguise to some extent the show hardware, it seems unlikely that this particular test is for that mode. However, this wide view from near World Showcase Plaza gives an idea of what the fountains look like from a distance.

The video below shows the test from various point around World Showcase Lagoon. For a 4K version, head to our video page.

In the center of World Showcase Lagoon, testing was being carried out on the 6 story tall icon ring barge lighting systems.

Close-ups show multi-colored lighting surrounding the ring. These light fixtures appear to be RGB color changing modules.

With the addition of the third barge yesterday, there is just one large piece of hardware still to be brought out into the lagoon. From then on it should be a case of testing, completing the show design and debuting to guests sometime later this year. Disney is yet to announce an opening date.

Click the gallery to see more pictures of the Harmonious fountain test.

Article Posted: Mar 24, 2021 / 9:00am ET

hosekiller1 hour ago

All over. I’m more of a weekend hobbyist when it comes to Disney, and I typically fall middle of the road when it comes to my opinions on changes. But this is pretty rough even for someone like me. I didn’t take pictures, but I walked World Showcase from one end to the other, and they’re always there. You can’t get away from them.

trainplane32 hours ago

I'm sure someone else will beat me to it but I'll be there for the first week of May.

Magic Feather3 hours ago

Now that we have all barges out, I wonder if anyone on the ground could give an update on what areas what things (specifically the center screen) are visible from

RSoxNo13 hours ago

There's something weird going on with the sky in the middle/right of this photo. It's as if the clouds are squared off.

RSoxNo13 hours ago

Remember when we were upset that waterfront restaurants in Mexico and Morocco were ruining the visuals of World Showcase? Those were the days.

RSoxNo13 hours ago

Sea World is a fun park, but it's been a hard sell for the family post Blackfish.

MisterPenguin4 hours ago

Sir_Cliff4 hours ago

I don't know, for me having the songs in different languages is about the only thing that could make a show featuring Disney music on World Showcase Lagoon somewhat palatable!

mnelson34 hours ago

Was just looking back and found these posts again. Makes me very nervous what we will be hearing lol, mostly the language thing.

mnelson314 hours ago

Content gets reused all the time. Good example the HEA theme song is not original to WDW, WDWs “Let The Memories Begin” was reused in Tokyo, etc.

GimpYancIent15 hours ago

What does anything that SD is doing have to do with anything WDW is doing? Comparing apples to oranges.

durangojim16 hours ago

I think I’ve figure out how to fix the barge monstrosities. Since their high def screens have cameras show what’s on the other side and use the technology in the Mandalorian to change the perspective for what people see. Imagineers get on it! Lol

mnelson31 day ago

Of course we don’t know what songs will be used in Harm, but one would assume it would be Disney’s songs that represent each country. If that isn’t the case and they go way off track lol, I wouldn’t be against them bringing over the “Try Everything” segment from Shanghai’s new show. And for those that haven’t seen it No it’s not sung by Shakira lol. It’s a not as upbeat choir version of the song leading into the finale. For a IP filled show it was quite well done IMO. And before Martin or anyone comments on that lol, I will, “Well done for a “Castle Show” 🤣. I do hate to compare a Epcot nighttime show to a castle park show, but we certainly haven’t been made to think anything different. That being said, it’s a very common thing now a days for parts of nighttime shows around the world to be reused in other shows.

Movielover1 day ago

Notice that there is not even a hint of the barges on there. Sneak peak at Harmonious, but without the ugly parts.