Dozens of pilings now installed in World Showcase lagoon as preparations continue for new EPCOT nighttime spectacular

Jul 05, 2023 in "Harmonious"

World Showcase Lagoon firework platform construction - July 4 2023
Posted: Wednesday July 5, 2023 2:03pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Crews are continuing to install pilings in the center of World Showcase lagoon to support the infrastructure of EPCOT's new nighttime show.

So far, more than two dozen pilings are in position, with more on the way. Note that the pilings will be cut below the water level, and will not be visible.

Disney has remained very tight-lipped about the new nighttime spectacular, with only a single piece of concept art released so far. Disney has said the new show will debut later this year and will be the replacement for the now-closed Harmoinous show. EPCOT Forever will continue to play in the interim until the new show is ready.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

Starship82428 minutes ago

As a lover of luminous, I approve of this message and I'm happy to hear this.

ToTBellHop31 minutes ago

Well, I don’t think it’ll last as long as RoE but that was an exceptional run. Almost 20 years and not a single baby slept but they all wept.

MisterPenguin39 minutes ago

But I saw a baby in a carriage (pram for you Brits) sleeping thru it!!!

ToTBellHop51 minutes ago

I had a conversation today and was told, regardless of our analyses, that those in charge are very pleased with internal metrics for Luminous.

Squishy20 hours ago

I'm surprised Luminous hasn't moved to 9:15 or 9:30, there is a bit of daylight still visible at 9.

TheMaxRebo21 hours ago

Guess we (or at least they) will find out this summer as it is Diet Epcot for months

Brian21 hours ago

Technical issues.

Starship82421 hours ago

I don't the drone show has anything to do with it, probably to do with the Sunset is my guess.

monothingie22 hours ago

Luminous started 10-12 minutes late today. Not sure if it was technical or daylight or not to conflict with the drone show.

wbostic1214 days ago

I know there was some talk about the soundtrack being redone late in the game, but were any more details released about what that entailed? I know shows like the original WOC were changed an enormous amount, is this the same case here, or were there only small soundtrack adjustments that also coincided with slower than expected barge construction (as I remember, the center barge only arrived 2 days prior to the premiere). Any insight on this @wdwmagic?

ToTBellHop15 days ago

The melody is the buh BUH buuuuuuuh buuh that plays every 24 seconds at the front of the park. They just didn’t create lyrics that could accompany it like HEA has. If you’d like, you can sing “go spend moooooooney” along with those notes every time you hear them.

llewmmu15 days ago

After listening to the original tracks a hundred times since they became available, I realized something odd. For being a show with the tagline "The Symphony of Us", I can't make out a discernible melody. I can remember the lryics and how they're sung, but you know how you know the melody for Happily Ever After or ROE or Fantasmic? I couldn't remember there being any for this show. And to make sure I wasn't crazy, I used a tool to (mostly) remove the vocals from Beating of Our Hearts and It's just really, how do I put this, bland? The music doesn't feel composed with any sort of thought, just created with the goal of filling its place; like how Junkie XL's movie scores are composed. It doesn't sound bad, but it just doesn't have an identity. I don't know if this happened because of the recomposition that was executive mandated at the last hour but it's just so odd especially for a Disney fireworks show. (I can post some other tracks if people really want to hear them, but they aren't any better and I didn't want to spam this thread with a bunch of blank videos.)

Chef idea Mickey`=15 days ago

Mmm Striving to be so much that it has a pause gap in which people who didn't get or liked Illumination's ROE critiqued the sections that had no fireworks. Luminous is about Human Life so that alone isn't a show that makes you say it celebrates or represents Epcot but goes 50%. Luminous is a kind or show with message that unlike ROE could be moved to Animal Kingdom or Sea World of course removing the Disney IP music and no one would ever think that was an Epcot show or original music for Epcot Only... We Go On has that Epcot voices of Liberty touch that is significantly disney and the main singer's voice Kellie Coffey on that and "Promise" is a force to be reckon with just like Epcot is supposed to be.

Chef idea Mickey`=15 days ago

WELL..That's out of the conclusion because I just found my Harmonious Sprite Jersey and Pin 😁😂 ooh watch out! 🤣🤣🤣