Walt Disney World's Rock 'n' Roller Coaster now closed for long refurbishment

Jan 08, 2024 in "Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith"

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster overview
Posted: Monday January 8, 2024 7:24am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World has now closed to begin another extended refurbishment that will see a multi-month downtime of the guest-favorite attraction.

The Aerosmith-themed rollercoaster closure began on January 8, 2024, and a Disney spokesperson has told WDWMAGIC that it will reopen in the summer of 2024. Disney has also confirmed that the closure is a routine refurbishment, and no changes will be made to the theme.

The ride has been experiencing extended downtimes in recent years, and a lengthy refurbishment in 2023 was expected to address those issues. However, since the 2023 refurbishment, reliability issues have persisted, and this refurbishment may be another attempt at a resolution.

A precise reopening date for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster has yet to be made available, although the 2023 refurbishment reopened in late May, so we may see something similar this year.

View all current and upcoming Walt Disney World refurbishments.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

DCBaker15 hours ago

While the website hasn't been updated with the reopening date, hours are now posted for Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster starting July 27:

EricsBiscuit7 days ago

Great choice. The family suites there are a great deal. Enjoy!

ToTBellHop7 days ago

Footage from today’s testing. As you can see, we are almost there.

TomboyJanet7 days ago

Sounds like a rollercoaster tycoon breakdown :cool:

nestface847 days ago

I booked through a UK company so doubt I could get the same opportunity. I’m staying at Disney music and looking forward to it. Going with my kids for 1st time. Hope you have a great time

Unbanshee7 days ago

Check out the My Disney Experience app and report back to us

Stupido7 days ago

As always, the credit goes to an incredible cast member. Disney emailed me telling me there was a special offer for our upcoming stay, and to check MDE to see the details. When nothing showed up in my account, I called the number provided and got connected to an incredible cast member. She wasn't seeing anything on her end either, so she got in touch with Guest Services. 20 minutes later, she was back on the line and told me it appeared to be a "glitch in the system", but had 3 different offers depending on what our trip entailed. She asked what our plans were, I gave her a bit of a rundown, and the next thing I knew we were booked at Caribbean Beach!

MaxDrake797 days ago

But isn't there a chance it will open before July 27? Or if they announce a date, they don't change it?

DisneyRZ7 days ago

All these blogs followed suit after ToTBellHop, kudos.🎆 But I'm doubling down on this weekend. The calendar on the website does not show times past July 20th. If it's actually this Saturday, July 27th would be the preset day that they didn't need it on the futures calendar anymore.

nestface847 days ago

How did you manage to get that upgrade. Well done

Stupido7 days ago

Yesterday Disney upgraded us from Pop Century to Caribbean Beach for free, now RNRC reopens the day we check in? This Disney Birthday luck is truly out of control this year.

ToTBellHop7 days ago

“Breaking”? I said this last week lol

pdude817 days ago

It has already closed and reopened once after the allegations against Steven Tyler. And Aerosmith will still be in it after it opens again this time. I suspect that is wholly unrelated.

TheCoasterNerd7 days ago