EPCOT's new nighttime spectacular will continue to feature music from the Disney songbook

Mar 15, 2023 in "Harmonious"

New 2023 EPCOT firework show concept art
Posted: Wednesday March 15, 2023 8:45am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

As part of this week's media event, Disney has provided a brief update on EPCOT's new nighttime spectacular set to debut later in 2023.

According to Disney, the new show will "feature an original composition and evocative selections from the Disney songbook – all woven together to remind us that we are more alike than different."

Expected to debut fall 2023, the show will continue to use music, pyrotechnics, lasers, and lighting.

The new show will be the permanent replacement for Harmonious, which will close at the end of March 2023. EPCOT Forever will return as an interim show while the new show is developed for its fall debut.

Disney has also previously confirmed that there will be a phased removal of the fireworks platform in World Showcase lagoon.

Harmonious, which debuted as part of Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary and the brain-child of former CEO Bob Chapek, has faced heavy guest criticism for the daytime impact on the view across World Showcase Lagoon and disappointing as a show.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

Chef idea Mickey`=6 hours ago

Is HEA's schedule always 9:20.. I was waiting for it and thought that was delayed while I could hear fireworks from Epcot all the way from the GF between then. 😵

doctornick6 hours ago

That’s cool but I wonder about the third party owners of restaurants. Are they pleased with bookings? (I ask because even if the show is popular, if the general low crowds is leading to lower restaurant utilization, they might still be unhappy)

Chef idea Mickey`=6 hours ago

It's not diet either, it's basically back to classic Epcot! :)

aladdin20077 hours ago

I think they more or less have bigger problems to worry about with this park....I wouldn't be surprised though to see some tweaks in the show down the road at some point but probably nothing imminent,, even though a few changes would do it some nice good.

gerarar7 hours ago

The center barge lift failed to rise tonight during the finale. Due to this, the blossom of comets couldn't shoot off. This is the first time this has ever happened (that I've seen), aside from the couple of B-mode shows the last few months. Timestamped livestream:

jrhwdw10 hours ago

That's Wonderful News!!!! I'm glad it's Working !! If only POE would Return........ You People! LOL!!!!! I wonder if any Babies are sleeping at WSL on July 4th or NYE????

Starship82410 hours ago

As a lover of luminous, I approve of this message and I'm happy to hear this.

ToTBellHop10 hours ago

Well, I don’t think it’ll last as long as RoE but that was an exceptional run. Almost 20 years and not a single baby slept but they all wept.

MisterPenguin11 hours ago

But I saw a baby in a carriage (pram for you Brits) sleeping thru it!!!

ToTBellHop11 hours ago

I had a conversation today and was told, regardless of our analyses, that those in charge are very pleased with internal metrics for Luminous.

Squishy1 day ago

I'm surprised Luminous hasn't moved to 9:15 or 9:30, there is a bit of daylight still visible at 9.

TheMaxRebo1 day ago

Guess we (or at least they) will find out this summer as it is Diet Epcot for months

Brian1 day ago

Technical issues.

Starship8241 day ago

I don't the drone show has anything to do with it, probably to do with the Sunset is my guess.