Harmonious water jet testing in EPCOT'S World Showcase

Apr 12, 2021 in "Harmonious"

Harmonious testing April 7 2021
Posted: Monday April 12, 2021 12:55pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

With all the hardware now in the World Showcase lagoon for EPCOT'S Harmonious show - crews are continuing to test each of the show platforms giving guests a sneak peek of some of the system's capabilities.

Recent tests have been running through the lighting controls and water fountains. In this video below we get a look at the France show platform firing a single water jet and moving through an arc. We also see a lighting test on the icon barge. (View 4K version)

The water effects appear to have different operating modes, from finely controlled streams to powerful blasts creating vertical fountains. These different modes will likely be used for different parts of the main show, and in the daytime mode.

There is still no opening date for the show beyond 2021, but we continue to expect a return of Walt Disney World's firework shows later this year.

George6 hours ago

Saw they were advertising for WS lagoon “barge hose holders”. Kudos where kudos is due. I figure 4 guys with garden hoses would turn this into a thing of epic beauty. I thought it might be fire hoses, but that flow rate would be ocular overkill.

George6 hours ago

Funny. I was just thinking about the fact that there may not be a lot of good viewing angles for this. That could be disastrous from a guest satisfaction perspective.

Movielover16 hours ago

Pretty sure that is just the pre-show soak to water down the barges incase of any fallout from the fireworks. But I'm also not expecting much more from the actual daylight fountains.

monothingie1 day ago

I hope the final fountain show is more impressive than this. Hopefully just a test.

techgeek3 days ago

I seem to recall in the 80's and 90's that the pavilion lighting effects (popcorn lights and some color / pattern effects) would remain lit after the show, adding a bit of festive atmosphere to the rest of the evening. The torches add a similar sort of vibe to pre/post show these days, but it was more immersive drawing you into exploring the pavilions and seeing them in a 'new light', rather than just focused along the promenade.

Figments Friend3 days ago

Nah..... It just gives em' a 15 minute head start at clearing the Park out at the end of the night. 😉 -

SplashZander3 days ago

I wonder if having Harmonious begin 15 minutes before park closing is a strategic way to limit the number of people viewing it. It seems the show will have much more limited viewing angles due to the screens and other factors, so they could just be doing this to draw people away from it by providing alternatives.

Sir_Cliff3 days ago

True, not spectacular, but at least that gives you an option to get in line for something up to 15 minutes into the show which could mean an extra ride. It's not an extra hour, but at least it means you can still enjoy attractions while the show is going on which is something. With the length of some of the queues, I imagine this is more or less calculated so that people are still waiting and riding attractions too long after the show finishes.

marni19713 days ago

IllumiNations used to start an hour before park closing. Oh well.

Crazydisneyfanluke3 days ago

Its 15 mins before park closing?

Sir_Cliff4 days ago

As reported by WDWmagic, the show starting before park closing time is a positive development that I hope becomes permanent. At MK you always had the option of lower waits for the attractions and skipping the fireworks, so fantastic news if this will also now be an option at Epcot.

DCBaker4 days ago

Showtimes for Harmonious are up on the calendar -

Thelazer5 days ago

I don't think they thought it was a good idea, I think they had to just "go along" with it.

Inspired Figment5 days ago

Well.. I mean I get the logic behind doing it.. at the same time though, it doesn’t solve the problem with the design & focus of the show.