Recent Harmonious test shows impressive capabilities of the lighting systems

Apr 08, 2021 in "Harmonious"

Harmonious testing April 7 2021
Posted: Thursday April 8, 2021 8:56am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

A recent test of one the Harmonious show platform barges has demonstrated some of the capability of the lighting system.

In this video below you can see the France platform cycling through some movements of the lighting fixtures that line the upper edge of the video display. (View a 4K version here)

Each of the barge platforms is packed with lighting fixtures, and looking at the range of motion and speed that we see here, they should deliver an incredible light show.

Elsewhere in the lagoon, a tent is in position in the center of the central icon barge which looks like it may be serving as a base of operation for the install/test crew.

Work has also been underway on the eight small pyro platforms that will provide some of the wider firework effects for the show.

There is still no opening date for the show beyond 2021, but we continue to hear chatter that the return of fireworks is very much in consideration and remains very firmly in Walt Disney World's plans.

wdwmagic11 minutes ago

The lasers were not available in June, and have still not returned to EPCOT Forever.

wdwmagic12 minutes ago

Indeed. In fact the whole lighting setup seems weak compared to what we were expecting. Hard to judge from testing and outside the park, so we'll see.

HauntedPirate35 minutes ago

Feels to me like if something hasn’t been tested by this point, it won’t be in the show.

Vinnie Mac40 minutes ago

Do you think it's possible that same effects weren't included in the popular June test? I also noticed we couldn't see lasers in that testing so idk if what they showed was the FULL package.

mnelson31 hour ago

One thing we haven’t seen in the preview videos is the spot light beams from the arms like the concept art. Or was that a failed effect? Sadly I think the majority of the lighting effects and lasers wont be to noticeable unless there is enough pyro smoke.

Vinnie Mac17 hours ago

brb100618 hours ago

It's an eyesore!

MisterPenguin2 days ago

I still call it The Lake Buena Vista Shopping Village.

Vinnie Mac2 days ago

Yeah. My family and I are either going in October or November. If we are going in October then I could probably keep myself from watching any spoilers. If we are going in November then I don't think I will have the mental capacity to wait another month 😂. Either way I'll probably just slip up and watch it anyway🤷🏾

Vinnie Mac2 days ago

I've slowly (but not fully) grown out of calling HS "MGM" but if it makes you feel any better, I still often say Downtown Disney instead of Disney Springs 😂

Lands of Wonder2 days ago

I love the visuals and how they dome make it feel right out of a Disney movie, big compromise I think for Epcot, I’d rather see them on a water screen.

Brenthodge3 days ago

Disney thanks you.

Gottliebjess3 days ago

I guess for me the idea is I know it’s for what I think and hope will be for a fantastic nighttime spectacular so it has a purpose and I can say not attractive but totally worth. Ends justify the means I guess in my mind?

Incomudro3 days ago

This is more than just a perfect sightline hindered. This is a huge amount of industrial looking clutter that ruins the whole theme of the area.