Poseidon service barges arrive in EPCOT's World Showcase Lagoon

Apr 07, 2023 in "Harmonious"

Harmonious barge dismantling - April 7 2023
Posted: Friday April 7, 2023 10:12am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Poseidon service barges are now docked in World Showcase Lagoon at EPCOT as crews continue the process of dismantling Harmonious.

The large floating service platforms are currently docked near the China pavilion. It isn't immediately clear what they will be used for, as we have typically seen them used to support heavy machinery during pile driving and other heavy construction.

Crews have been using the normal maintenance barges to remove hardware from the Harmonious barges, and these can be seen currently parked at The American Adventure. All of the Harmonious barges are still in the lagoon, and will be moved back stage over the coming weeks.

Harmonious had its final performance on April 2, 2023 and has been replaced with EPCOT Forever as an interim show. A brand-new EPCOT firework show will debut later in 2023.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

wbostic1220 days ago

Does anyone know what is going on with lighting in Canada? The past few shows I’ve seen either the popcorn lights or the sparkle-strobes have been on throughout the show. I know the popcorn lights were on constantly during the pavilion’s renovation, but I thought that was over at this point.

TTA9423 days ago

Pre show with announcement:

ToTBellHop23 days ago

I’ll take the EWP on trailers “sailing” down MSUSA.

TTA9423 days ago

Even if it’s the old MSEP? Lol. But at this point I think most of us would still be happy.

ToTBellHop23 days ago

They get that back and I won’t even care that DAK closes at sunset. It will honestly be nice to have one park I don’t feel compelled to stay out late in.

Vinnie Mac23 days ago

Looks like this is happening too apparently :)

SaucyBoy23 days ago

Absolutely!!! December ‘23 was the first time I’ve been at Epcot at night since 2022 when I saw Horrendous for the first and only time. Now we just need a night parade back and we are in another golden era.

Chef idea Mickey`=23 days ago

Yesss, I absolutely captured a beautiful clear heart from a simple video I took with my phone from up there!

gerarar23 days ago

The finale from the Riviera is simply wonderful. You can even still see the heartbeats from that far away. The video linked below even has a "It's a heart" reaction from a guest! 💗 Also tbh, I think the recent soundtrack recordings that have been popping up on YouTube came from this resort, it's lacking the same bass as some of these "source" recordings.

gerarar23 days ago

It's so nice to have a great nighttime spectacular show in each of the parks again (excluding AK because...reasons). I completely skipped Epcot at night on my recent 5-day trip last October. Because of that I saw HEA on 2 nights (only nights without MNSSHP) and Fantasmic! the other 3 nights (total of 6 times since x2 nightly F! shows). Epcot Forever was just simply skippable after seeing it back in 2019 and no more kites. Now if I were to make a trip, I would have to do all 3 parks at night throughout. Could even do some MK to Epcot or Epcot to HS park hopping to see multiple shows in one night. Makes me so excited as a parks/nighttime spectacular fan lol.

Vinnie Mac23 days ago

To be honest it grew on me a lot. Went from a D- to a C+ for me

Vinnie Mac23 days ago

Pumped for that drone show. Like you said we just need a DAK nighttime show and we'll have solid nighttime entertainment for each park (even Disney Springs!)

jrhwdw23 days ago

Besides the Price, HEA & DE in 1 Night.....I don't see the Problem.

ToTBellHop23 days ago

Glad its three fans can watch it if they shell out $200…