Fifth and final major piece of hardware now in World Showcase lagoon for the upcoming Harmonious show at EPCOT

Apr 07, 2021 in "Harmonious"

Fourth Harmonious fin barge (Germany) in position
Posted: Wednesday April 7, 2021 10:58am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

The fifth and final show platform barge for the upcoming Harmonious nighttime spectacular is now in place in World Showcase lagoon at EPCOT.

Named the "Germany" barge, the fin-shaped platform will provide fountains, LED screen and firework effects for the show.

See the video below for a look from various locations around World Showcase, and click the gallery for more pictures.

The barge was brought out overnight on Tuesday from the backstage marina where it was being assembled.

With all the hardware now in the lagoon, it leaves crews with everything they need to finished preparing the show platforms with testing and programming.

An opening date for Harmonious is not yet available, although Disney has said they expect it to debut in 2021.

Thelazer6 hours ago

When you do renderings, and you make it super foggy, those light beams look great. Same thing as that water that is supposed to hide the barges in the day time......

mnelson37 hours ago

Yeah I’m worried to. I guess it’s possible they’ll flip the switch on all lasers around property on the 1st, but we’ll see.

mnelson37 hours ago

Yeah you’d think, and we did, that all those lights on each barge would be impressive. Hopefully Disney deliberately released crappy images and videos that isn’t showing us the final look🤞.

hpyhnt 10007 hours ago

Should we be worried about that at this point? I'm all for upgrades but it is odd to have this long a gap considering they got a pretty big upgrade in the final years of IllumiNations, and that was accomplished without interrupting RoE. There was the one preview video which showed the manta ray effect from the AA laser, so maybe they've just been very good at keeping the new programming secret? It would be nice to have them working in EPCOT Forever because there's some obvious show gaps without them.

wdwmagic8 hours ago

The lasers were not available in June, and have still not returned to EPCOT Forever.

wdwmagic8 hours ago

Indeed. In fact the whole lighting setup seems weak compared to what we were expecting. Hard to judge from testing and outside the park, so we'll see.

HauntedPirate8 hours ago

Feels to me like if something hasn’t been tested by this point, it won’t be in the show.

Vinnie Mac9 hours ago

Do you think it's possible that same effects weren't included in the popular June test? I also noticed we couldn't see lasers in that testing so idk if what they showed was the FULL package.

mnelson39 hours ago

One thing we haven’t seen in the preview videos is the spot light beams from the arms like the concept art. Or was that a failed effect? Sadly I think the majority of the lighting effects and lasers wont be to noticeable unless there is enough pyro smoke.

Vinnie Mac1 day ago

brb10061 day ago

It's an eyesore!

MisterPenguin2 days ago

I still call it The Lake Buena Vista Shopping Village.

Vinnie Mac2 days ago

Yeah. My family and I are either going in October or November. If we are going in October then I could probably keep myself from watching any spoilers. If we are going in November then I don't think I will have the mental capacity to wait another month 😂. Either way I'll probably just slip up and watch it anyway🤷🏾

Vinnie Mac2 days ago

I've slowly (but not fully) grown out of calling HS "MGM" but if it makes you feel any better, I still often say Downtown Disney instead of Disney Springs 😂