Disney announces opening for Tiana's Bayou Adventure at Walt Disney World and a first look at new animatronics

Feb 13, 2024 in "Tiana's Bayou Adventure"

Tiana's Bayou Adventure - Tiana Animatronic
Posted: Tuesday February 13, 2024 8:40am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney announced today that Tiana's Bayou Adventure will open to guests at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom in the summer of 2024 and at Disneyland later in 2024.

Splash Mountain had its last day of operation on January 22, 2023, and a summer opening of Tiana's Bayou Adventure represents an impressive timeline for the reimagining effort, months ahead of the original "late 2024" announcement.

The earliest and most optimistic estimates place opening around Memorial Day (late May) at Magic Kingdom, but Disney has yet to make any announcement beyond "Summer 2024."

There will also likely be various rounds of previews for Cast Members, Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club Members, Club 33, and it remains to be seen how the soft openings will fit into the timeline.

Disney also today shared a first look at the Tiana audio-animatronic that will be part of the attraction and also confirmed that there will be dozens of entirely new Audio-Animatronics figures. Along with Princess Tiana, Louis and Mama Odie, we will also see Eudora, Charlotte, Prince Ralphie, Prince Naveen, and others.

Watch the video below to see the new Tiana Audio-Animatronic in action.

The "coming soon" posters surrounding Tiana's Bayou Adventure at Magic Kingdom have also now been updated to include the new Summer 2024 opening.

With Princess Tiana at the helm, this new attraction “digs a little deeper” into her story after the events of the Walt Disney Animation Studios film “The Princess and the Frog.” It is Mardi Gras season at Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, and the bayou will light up for a journey full of music, Mama Odie’s magic, and a whole boatful – log-ful? – of new friends, in preparation for a celebration where everyone’s welcome.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

HauntedPirate31 minutes ago

I’m sure the VQ will be booked solid on those 50F January days. 😉

HauntedPirate35 minutes ago

It’s Disney‘s specialty these days - Color changing LED’s!!! And everyone goes nuts over them, for reasons I cannot fathom. If they are static, great, I’m sure it will look nice in person. But the colors, to my eye, look awful in the pictures.

dig311dug58 minutes ago

reminds me of any given video game streamers' room lighting

pigglewiggle1 hour ago

This all looks great. Very excited to ride in December. With a poncho. 😂

Drew the Disney Dude1 hour ago

I already shared this photo here but I don't think everyone saw it - they have already tested how it's going to look once the fence is covered. As @Disney Analyst said, it's being kept accessible until all the work is done and the plants will be the final things to be reinstalled. If you look at @DCBaker's photo from today, they have also added some form of new rectangular white things, so this work is why they haven't reinstalled the plants yet. I'm hoping these white things are lights for the effect when logs drop, but they very well could be covers for the electrical. We will see soon enough.

MerlinTheGoat2 hours ago

I truly don't think you need to worry at all. Even without my having any direct confirmation and not being particularly happy about this attraction to say the least, there's just no reason to think they'd leave this as-is and uncovered

LittleBuford2 hours ago

That is indeed what I meant. I do hope you’re right.

MerlinTheGoat2 hours ago

If you mean the green railing in front of the drop, I do not believe there is any chance whatsoever that the railing will remain uncovered. They probably are indeed keeping that area clear and easily accessible while working on lighting/sound programming. Whatever I may think about this project and the facade, I am confident that they're not going to leave this as-is literally right in the front middle for everyone to see. That would not be acceptable, and EVERYONE would rightfully tear them apart for it. I'm sure they are fully aware of the consequences for pulling something like that.

Disney Analyst2 hours ago

I have a feeling they want those speakers / infrastructure fully accessible until they are sure everything is set and good.

LittleBuford2 hours ago

Alas, that fence remains uncovered in a different sense. It’s weird that they wouldn’t conceal it all in one go if that’s what they’re really planning to do.

HauntedPirate3 hours ago

My guess this will be VQ/ILL-only for the foreseeable future.

DCBaker4 hours ago

Here's a video tour from today around Tiana's Bayou Adventure.

imagineer975 hours ago

I should have made that one of the options in my latest poll on the pinnacle of WDI at WDW.

Magicart875 hours ago

Huzzah! The mystery crates have arrived! I wonder what's inside. Doesn't say. Ah, classic box stacks a.k.a. the pinnacle of modern Imagineering. All that's missing is a random lantern placed on top. There's still time.