Walkway between Disney's Grand Floridian and Disney's Polynesian Resort currently closed

Jun 14, 2021 in "Disney's Polynesian Resort"

Polynesian Resort to Grand Floridian Walkway closed - June 14 2021
Posted: Monday June 14, 2021 10:14am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

The walkway between Disney's Polynesian Village Resort and Disney's Grand Floridian Resort is temporarily closed.

A drilling crew is working on the walkway, which has resulted in its closure to guests.

This closure means that until it opens, it is not possible to walk from the Magic Kingdom to the Polynesian, as the closed path is the only route for pedestrians.

The walkway is closed just past the Polynesian beach and near to the wedding pavilion.

It isn't clear what work is being done, or how long the closure will last. Along with construction walls blocking access, there are numerous signs at the Polynesian, Grand Floridan and Magic Kingdom.

mrerk19 days ago

Test bore for the new DVC Polynesian Tower

George19 days ago

We wound up driving over, so my daughter could use the fitness center.

mrerk19 days ago

I think they are gone. Mine would of been right around where the photographer was standing in picture 2. I see some blank granite ones but no personalized ones.

wdwmagic19 days ago

I don't know for sure, but I would suspect that is the case.

Tinkwings19 days ago

It is rather odd to me that no rooms are available any of the dates I played with there in January or February 2022.....do you know if they are not making future dates available yet?

JerBear19 days ago

When does the new entrance open?

wdwmagic19 days ago

Yes. It is mostly open now.

ThatMouse19 days ago

So Polynesian will be open July 19th? Asking because we plan on resort hopping during a non-parks visit.

Sirwalterraleigh20 days ago

…should have the tox screen back soon 👍🏻

monothingie20 days ago

You just have to guess “on” what.

Sirwalterraleigh20 days ago

Fair… though white reflects light back up at your face (the brilliance of blizzard beach)…while black sucks towards your feet resulting in uncomfortable “foot sweat”

Master Yoda20 days ago

I'll take it over white concrete any day. That stuff is absolutely blinding in the mid-day sun. Dark stained concrete also does not show dirt and stains as readily as a lighter color concrete.

Sirwalterraleigh20 days ago

…you’re “on” today

Sirwalterraleigh20 days ago

Yeah…but it’s not “pretty” I’m more of a “sun washed concrete” kinda guy… or they should sell like monogrammed bricks to fanatics who would overpay for them? New revenue stream. they could even get Beijing to put a low frequency tag in it…so you could see in on an app or something? I just want what’s best for the shareholders 👍🏻