Magic Kingdom's PeopleMover remains on target for reopening this weekend

11 days ago in "Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover"

Tommorowland Transit Authority PeopleMover closed - July 2020

According to the latest Walt Disney World refurbishment schedules, the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover remains on target to reopen to guests on April 4 2021.

The Magic Kingdom ride closed in the first week of March 2020 and has not reopened since. The reopening date has been moved back numerous times since the refurbishment began, but this latest date has remained since last being changed on February 23.

Testing is continuing, and the video above shows a look at the ride cycling the track from yesterday. (View the 4K version)

The PeopleMover has been seen operating without guests on numerous occasions since the park reopened on July 11 2020, and testing has increased in frequency in recent months including operating the speedramp entrance.

View all current and upcoming Walt Disney World refurbishments.

Article Posted: Mar 30, 2021 / 11:38am ET

hosekiller3 hours ago

It was running yesterday and Tuesday the 6th

CastAStone4 hours ago

Are they still doing active daily tests or did that end with the latest delay?

JoeCamel8 days ago

Approval from the architectural committee too?

KaliSplash8 days ago

I don't know. But down the road a bit from me in Charleston, they say it takes 4 people. One to change the bulb. One to mix the drinks. Two to talk about how good the old bulb was. :)

ShookieJones8 days ago

Oh this reminds me of sad little tale about the PM. About 6 years back or so we were in the World and I believe the TTA was down for the majority of our trip for a refurb or it was having issues something of that nature. Needless to say, I was itching to ride it the whole trip. We had an opportunity on our last day in the park just before leaving for the airport I noticed it was open and we jumped on! The family four pack was all on board, ahhhh what a way to wrap up another great vacation! As the saying goes... I was happy as pig in..well you know... Unfortunately that age old idiom ended up being a little too accurate. Sitting in the car in front of us were too individuals who hadn't bathed in what seemed..sorry smelled like months...that 'fog' (to use your word) enveloped us for the entire cruise around Tomorrowland. 🤢

disneygeek909 days ago

I was also always stuck in the queue for MMRR cleaning over the summer. Haven't noticed it as much the past few months so I'm inclined to believe it's been backed off considerably.

marni19719 days ago

Think about the sneezer on RnRC. You’ll be covered in that fog before you know it.

Snow Queen 839 days ago

I'm thinking one, but they'll only turn it once every six months. They have to wait until they can cover the cost for that 1 light bulb through ticket sales.

SteveAZee9 days ago

Just thinking about the guy in front of me, taking off his mask to let out a huge sneeze, and my car having to cruise through that fog. :hungover:

bcoachable9 days ago

99 Disneys walk into a bar, bartender says “99 Disneys, you know your not allowed in this bar, now get out”....

Brer Panther9 days ago

How many Disneys does it take to fix a lightbulb?

JoeCamel9 days ago

Depends if the lightbulb was really old technology and guests were filing lawsuits for injuries sustained while in the presence of the lightbulb

Snow Queen 839 days ago

Disney is taking forever for everything. They probably would take a year to fix one light bulb.

HauntedPirate9 days ago

I think it could be an hourly cleaning cycle right now. That seemed to be what we encountered a few weeks ago.