'it's a small world' reopens from short refurbishment with a new colorful loading area

Aug 03, 2021 in "it's a small world"

it's a small world new queue area colors - Summer 2021
Posted: Tuesday August 3, 2021 8:37am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

The Magic Kingdom's 'it's a small world' reopened from a short refurbishment in late July with a more colorful queue area.

The primarily white sets have been recolored in shades of pink, green and blue.

Although the attraction was closed for three days for the work, the plexiglass dividers in the queue were still not removed.

DisneyGentlemanV2.028 days ago

There are so many places the art of Mary Blair has been destroyed - like Tomorrowland at Disneyland. It's like using Picassos as wet-wipes.

mnelson328 days ago

Wish they would bring back the motion lighting around the archway entrance going into the attraction.

Lands of Wonder28 days ago

That’s dumb, it’s always been white, perhaps they keep it white and make the scene go from white to color like Spectromagic . If it’s about what I think it is they obviously don’t go on their own rides nor have they seen the audio animatronics nor do they know much about them.

Haymarket200829 days ago

THIS

DisneyGentlemanV2.029 days ago

Based on the annoyingly repetitive misery for all eternity, I'd say they are far from heaven... :happy:

Animaniac93-9829 days ago

That and that's how it was designed by Mary Blair and changing it just cause defeats the point of having her as the lead designer and colour stylist.

disneyC9729 days ago

The current queue/loading design is from 2005. I don’t think the fountains would fit where they originally were as the 2005 design takes up space across the water where the fountains were. The 1971 design was on the walls only. (There’s a pic somewhere in this thread).

James Alucobond29 days ago

MisterPenguin29 days ago

They're all in heaven because the adults destroyed the world.

RoadiJeff29 days ago

I'll never forget the comment I read years ago on another forum from someone who said that Disney should pass out softballs to each guest as they board the boats for this attraction. I'd want to take the journey early in the morning so there would still be something standing to aim at as I rode through. :D

Minthorne29 days ago

unity or conformity? 🤔

dennis-in-ct29 days ago

From what I understand the all white color in the finale room is to show unity. Although that room is begging for a projection map treatment. That would be amazing too.

Haymarket200829 days ago

There is a reason for the uniformity of color in the finale……

Skywise29 days ago

Was the queue area always a sort of white with gold trim? I prefer this but get the sense they went with the white color scheme later? (and yes, bring back the fountains)