The Hall of Presidents now closed for refurbishment ahead of today's presidential inauguration

Jan 20, 2021 in "The Hall of Presidents"

Posted: Wednesday January 20, 2021 6:04am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

The inauguration of Joe Biden as the 46th president of the United States takes place at noon on Wednesday January 20 2021 and Disney has today announced the closure of The Hall of Presidents at the Magic Kingdom.

Although the show will be closed effective today, we don't yet have any details on the scope of changes that will be made to the show, or when it will reopen.

Disney has confirmed to the Orlando Sentinel that a Joe Biden animatronic figure will be part of the show. The last closure in 2017 lasted for almost the entire year, with the show reopening on December 19 2017.

There has been recent speculation that the Muppets may take a part in the rework the show, with the beloved characters seeing a recent resurgence, with all 5 seasons of The Muppet Show to appear on Disney+ from February 19.

RSoxNo11 day ago

Previous refurbs: 11/1/2008 - 7/3/2009 (Soft Opening 6/25) 1/17/2017 - 12/8/2017

MansionButler841 day ago

The last was intentionally-delayed.

TJ Vazquez1 day ago

Well I’m building in a bit of a buffer due to all things COVID related plus I’m unsure if he has even recorded his parts yet. Didnt the last addition take about 13 months or so?

MansionButler841 day ago

Typical refurbishment is 8 months. That would be 14.

TJ Vazquez1 day ago

So back to topic, I would estimate Joe going in the HOP's in January. Seems to be the normal time, and typical refurbishment timeline.

Rich Brownn2 days ago

I'd have agreed if only Trump's speech had appeared as a twitter feed above instead of him speaking :D

MaryJaneP2 days ago

Is it possible that as long as the HUB can only hold X amount of guests, and HEA (or whatever comes after it) requires viewing from the HUB, that any discussion about moving/expanding/increasing MK is unlikely? That includes redo-ing HOP to draw more visitors.

GimpYancIent2 days ago

Hmmmmm "Intellectual Elites"? You do have a sense of humor after all.

GimpYancIent2 days ago

Hey! He is in an open (literally) vehicle w lots of free flowing fresh air, socially distanced (try to get past the Secret Service cordon you don't see) and he is now vaccinated. About time he was seen w/o a mask on, brief as the moment may be. Oh, I do not see the HoP being modified to have Joe's AA posed on stage in a signature 67 corvette just so people see him w/o a mask.

TikibirdLand2 days ago

Can we at least see him in his signature 67 Corvette? I think we all can get around that idea!

SplashZander2 days ago

I know this is probably intended as a diss, but I still find it funny either way

TrainChasers2 days ago

The one that he no longer wears?

GimpYancIent2 days ago

Absolutely, No issue here w a Joe AA in his signature mask!

Joesixtoe2 days ago

Can't we just let Biden have his turn? I didn't vote for him, but he is president of the United States. I respect the office, and I will respect his likeness displayed in the show. I mean Disney respected Trumps likeness despite being a left leaning company, that should be an example of how we can respect others despite not agreeing with them. Please just let the show go on, it's one of my favorites.