Are the Muppets about to takeover the Hall of Presidents?

Jan 14, 2021 in "The Hall of Presidents"

Posted: Thursday January 14, 2021 5:24pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

With Joe Biden set to begin his term as president of the United States of America next week, attention is now on Walt Disney World's Hall of Presidents and how the show will be updated.

Following the last election in 2016, the Hall of Presidents closed on January 17 2017 to rework the show to include the new president. The refurbishment lasted through to June and saw a rather tense opening which saw a heavy security presence that persisted long after the opening.

A tweet today from the official Muppet account has sparked interest in the possibility of the Muppets taking over the attraction.

Calling all Muppet fans! Get ready for a major and important Muppet announcement coming soon. What is it? We have no idea.

The Muppets are no strangers to the Hall of Presidents, having recently performed their live show in Liberty Square 'The Muppets Present... Great Moments in American History.' Introducing the Muppets into the Hall of Presidents would continue Disney's recent desire to introduce existing characters to all new projects, and would perhaps avoid some of the political challenges that may be involved.

RSoxNo11 day ago

Previous refurbs: 11/1/2008 - 7/3/2009 (Soft Opening 6/25) 1/17/2017 - 12/8/2017

MansionButler841 day ago

The last was intentionally-delayed.

TJ Vazquez1 day ago

Well I’m building in a bit of a buffer due to all things COVID related plus I’m unsure if he has even recorded his parts yet. Didnt the last addition take about 13 months or so?

MansionButler841 day ago

Typical refurbishment is 8 months. That would be 14.

TJ Vazquez1 day ago

So back to topic, I would estimate Joe going in the HOP's in January. Seems to be the normal time, and typical refurbishment timeline.

Rich Brownn2 days ago

I'd have agreed if only Trump's speech had appeared as a twitter feed above instead of him speaking :D

MaryJaneP2 days ago

Is it possible that as long as the HUB can only hold X amount of guests, and HEA (or whatever comes after it) requires viewing from the HUB, that any discussion about moving/expanding/increasing MK is unlikely? That includes redo-ing HOP to draw more visitors.

GimpYancIent2 days ago

Hmmmmm "Intellectual Elites"? You do have a sense of humor after all.

GimpYancIent2 days ago

Hey! He is in an open (literally) vehicle w lots of free flowing fresh air, socially distanced (try to get past the Secret Service cordon you don't see) and he is now vaccinated. About time he was seen w/o a mask on, brief as the moment may be. Oh, I do not see the HoP being modified to have Joe's AA posed on stage in a signature 67 corvette just so people see him w/o a mask.

TikibirdLand2 days ago

Can we at least see him in his signature 67 Corvette? I think we all can get around that idea!

SplashZander2 days ago

I know this is probably intended as a diss, but I still find it funny either way

TrainChasers2 days ago

The one that he no longer wears?

GimpYancIent2 days ago

Absolutely, No issue here w a Joe AA in his signature mask!

Joesixtoe2 days ago

Can't we just let Biden have his turn? I didn't vote for him, but he is president of the United States. I respect the office, and I will respect his likeness displayed in the show. I mean Disney respected Trumps likeness despite being a left leaning company, that should be an example of how we can respect others despite not agreeing with them. Please just let the show go on, it's one of my favorites.