Disney announces the long awaited return of the parking lot trams at Walt Disney World

Dec 02, 2021 in "Parking Trams"

TTC Magic Kingdom Parking Lot Trams December 2020
Posted: Thursday December 2, 2021 5:12pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney has this evening announced that parking trams will be returning to service at the Walt Disney World theme parks in a phased reopening.

Magic Kingdom parking lot trams will resume later in December 2021, with the other parks seeing a return throughout 2022.

The trams have been out of service at all four Walt Disney World theme parks since they reopened in July 2020 due to physical distancing requirements and labor shortages. Guests are required to walk from their cars to the main entrances.

Lack of tram service has been a source of a great deal of guest complaints, and even reached late night TV with Stephen Colbert mocking Disney for not proving the service to its guests.

hosekiller27 days ago

It’s funny because it’s true!

ToTBellHop27 days ago

You may be the Magic, but if the creditors are calling over your excessive ILL purchases, you had better answer the damn call.

Disney4family27 days ago

Yeah, I'm a little lost with that whole thing. If I'm the magic, why is it calling me? Why do I have to answer the call? I am the magic. There's no call to be answered, unless I swallowed my cellphone. Sorry. Just one of many lame things. Back to the trams...

larryz27 days ago

They do, but only as it pertains to how our fat wallets create a wider waist profile.

MisterPenguin27 days ago

This is totally unfair based on a off-the-cuff remark of the CFO. Disney doesn't care about our waistlines. They care about the cost of portions!!

matt911227 days ago

Worry less about my waistline and more about fixing your broken parks.

joshwill28 days ago

good, this should stop most from trying to bring wagons into the park

trainplane328 days ago

MisterPenguin28 days ago

"Well, you better catch them!" -Dad

DCBaker28 days ago

Trams are running at the Ticket and Transportation Center today.

RSoxNo1Dec 12, 2021

If this is the "bumped up" time frame, I'd hate to see what the actual time frame was.

castlecake2.0Dec 11, 2021

“Please see your Leader” lol

BrianDec 11, 2021

Try telling that to CDS ;)

DisoneDec 11, 2021

Hummmmm. Not sure why this tram is on world Dr. They do periodically move them but it's not moving from Storage. Magic Kingdom has nine Trams in is parking lot which have been there pretty much the entire time since the shutdown in March of 2020. Occasionally they are moved. The other three Parks have four each. The 9th trams have been stored for a while now at the Southwest section of the parking lot. I guess here is there assessing mechanical needs of each tram and sending only the best ones that are in least need of any mechanical repair for the rather immediate opening of Magic Kingdom. The rest of the Parks have a little bit more time. But that doesn't mean the nine best are in the Magic Kingdom parking lot so they're probably doing some Trams swaps to ensure that that is the case for the opening of that service later this month.