Monorail Gold wrapped with Walt Disney World 50th anniversary 'World's Most Magical Celebration' decal

Sep 13, 2021 in "Walt Disney World Monorail System"

Monorail Gold 50th anniversary wrap
Posted: Monday September 13, 2021 10:17am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

The recently refurbished Monorail Gold is now decorated with a Walt Disney World 50th anniversary 'World's Most Magical Celebration' wrap.

Currently transporting guests to the Magic Kingdom on the Express beam, the partial wrap covers both drive units of the monorail.

The monorail now joins the Disney Skyliner in 'The World's Most Magical Celebration,' which is also decorated for the 50th anniversary.

MisterPenguin10 hours ago

It leaves behind a giant art installation for years following that everyone hates.

castlecake2.013 hours ago

I’m trying to remember back to the end of the year of a million dreams thing. I feel like decor came down quite quickly, but it was a little more transitional for the entertainment to switch over. I’d imagine the 50th cavalcade would end immediately, but as for beacons of magic and character costumes maybe a bit longer? These are all just guesses.

dreday315 hours ago

I've just never visited right after a "celebration", just wondering if there was a pattern to how things are done with previous celebrations.

mm5220015 hours ago

I don’t think anyone knows quite yet...check back in 10 months

castlecake2.015 hours ago

Nothing other than a hunch but I feel like they’ll use Christmas as a distraction to conclude the “celebration” at the end of 2022

dreday315 hours ago

Question - is this still ending at the end of March, 2023? And if so, what does it mean in actuality for April? Will there be a new song during cavalcades or is Magic is Calling sticking around? New costumes (or old) for the characters? Castle stripped of decorations? Just curious.

MisterPenguin3 days ago

It's the New WandaVision, but now, with more Corrupting Evil!!

Anteater3 days ago

Sounds like the plot of Wanda Vision....

ToTBellHop3 days ago

They released Doctor Strange for Mother’s Day and it’s about a woman who murders countless people across many dimensions to protect her made-up children.

Bartattack3 days ago

For me, Disneyland Paris is more unaffordable than WDW at the moment... I live 3 hours from DLP. Last time I went was in 2011. I wanted to wait untill some improvements were made to the parks because the place was falling apart. I was looking at visiting for the 30th anniversary: 2 adults + 1 kid (11) for 2 nights, 3 days (2 parks): 1300 euros in the value resort hotel Cheyenne + tickets. (no food included) I just came back from 16 days WDW at Pop Century: 4700 euros for hotel + tickets including 100 dollar gift card and 500 dollar for food. Ok... we have to add the price of plane tickets (instead of driving to Paris)... but I gladly pay that because I am in Orlando with Sunny weather. When I tell this to friends, they usually think that going to WDW is pretty affordable in comparison with going 2 weeks on vacation closeby.

Bocabear3 days ago

SNAP!

raven243 days ago

How do you know what most people would think?

TalkingHead3 days ago

Sure but most people would think it’s weird to associate Mother’s Day with the movie primarily known for a mother being shot and killed. What’s next, Old Yeller merch for your pet dog?

Anteater4 days ago

And yet, the parks are still crowded. Maybe the coming recession will make people come to their senses. Nah.