Main Street Confectionery opens in temporary location at Main Street Cinema

Mar 29, 2021 in "Main Street Cinema - The Art of Disney"

Temporary Main Street Confectionery
Posted: Monday March 29, 2021 7:49am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

The Magic Kingdom's Main Street Confectionery has closed today to begin a large scale refurbishment project, with Main Street Cinema stepping in as the new temporary location for candy and treats on Main Street U.S.A.

Stepping inside you'll find the usual assortment of mostly pre-packaged items that were sold in Main Street Confectionery.

Candy Apples and rice crispy treats remain on sale, but you won't find things like cupcakes and fudge.

Operating hours are from park open to park close.

The Disney collectibles and artwork that were previously on sale at Main Street Cinema are now available at Bonjour! Village Gifts in Fantasyland.

At the Main Street Confectionery, some of the window displays are still in place, and others are blacked out.

Signage on the front directs guests to Main Street Cinema.

A reopening date for Main Street Confectionery isn't yet available, but it runs through to at least mid-June. Along with a new interior design, the store will be expanded into some of the neighboring space from The Chapeau. The new store will also feature more customization options.

Dan Deesnee3 hours ago

This might be slightly off topic and I wouldn't be surprised if no one has a clue but when I went back in about 2016 I remember getting the Rice Krispie treats for the first time and thought they were incredible. I've always really liked Rice Krispie treats. On my 2018 trip though it just tasted very different and not as good. Both times it was from the Main Street confectionery. Does anyone know if they changed the recipe or something?

MansionButler844 hours ago

Opens next week (29th)! Glad they’ll make the 50th.

MansionButler8412 days ago

It will still have show kitchens. It is crazy that it might not hit the 10/1 target. They closed it way back in March to ensure it would be ready for the 50th, but I guess we just have to wait and see.

homerdance12 days ago

Good. I am saw some claiming all of the stuff was being moved off site.

MansionButler8412 days ago

homerdance12 days ago

Will anything be made fresh here post reopen?

MansionButler8412 days ago

The Zach agonizes over floor tiles…

Clamman7312 days ago

Chocolate chip shortage.

dreday312 days ago

What on earth could be taking so long? Trouble getting parts for kitchen appliances?

TrojanUSC12 days ago

Bob Chapek Presents Disney's Incredi-Confectionary® featuring Moana, a new retail concept that includes elements and treats from your favorite over-exposed Pixar® films.

MansionButler8412 days ago

Last I had heard, it won’t make 10/1, though. Have they accelerated? Maybe they just want the exterior clean by 10/1. I was led to believe they reopened the place in Storybook Circus because this is taking so long.

Brian12 days ago

Oh Lord, I'm scared to see what it looks like inside given their recent retail design decisions.