New concept art and interior progress pictures show more of the new 'Creations Shop' coming to EPCOT this summer

May 27, 2021 in "Creations Shop"

Posted: Thursday May 27, 2021 5:18pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Lead EPCOT Imagineer Zach Riddley has taken to Instagram this evening to offer a closer look at the upcoming 'Creations Shop' coming to EPCOT this summer.

The piece of concept art above offers a new angle of the building, providing a view of the former Mouse Gear and Innoventions East building.

In his post Zach said "In the design of Creations Shop, we knew we would be working to restore an existing building. Our goal was to use this original geometry to our advantage - streamlining the façade and emphasizing the rhythm of vertical columns or “ribs” as we like to refer to them. As you can see in some of these original drawings and building sections, the space was always intended to be open and give flexibility to the program featured inside. We are bringing that openness back into our new designs as part of our new EPCOT aesthetic."

He goes on to say, "By simplifying the facades and emphasizing the beams between the columns – we will create uninterrupted lines that draw your eye from front to back. And these “beams” also give us space to integrate lighting and air conditioning for a seamless and functional look to the space."

The new store will replace the former Mouse Gear as the flagship retail store at the park.

Figments Friend2 days ago

Sending merchandise purchased at WDW shops back to your Resort is currently not available.... However, you CAN have items shipped directly back to your home. Just ask the Cast Member at the cashier counter who helps ring you out. For a reasonable fee you have have just about anything bought in one of the WDW shops mailed back to your home. Very handy, and insures you won't have to carry things around during your visit and also saves space in your luggage. Happy shopping! :) -

Tuvalu3 days ago

No, that service has not resumed since the parks reopened last summer.

moles.family.disney3 days ago

I can’t wait to visit the store it looks great. Does WDW still offer merch shipping back to your resort?

ChrisFL3 days ago

eww...yeah that would be a turn off for me also

Figments Friend3 days ago

I vaguely recall is was gold faced with a black band....think it had SSE featured . I took a peek but I dimly remember it had the then 'modern ' EpCot' logo which was a turn off for me. The price point was a bit steep too, but typical for the Limited Edition nature of it. It was a one off...meant to be sold that day, and I don't remember much talk about it beforehand. -

ChrisFL3 days ago

Dang, I was there for the 25th but don't recall seeing them

hpyhnt 10003 days ago

This. Communicore had a lot of areas with sunken floors. All that was (stupidly) filled in with the Innoventions redo.

Figments Friend3 days ago

There was a rather handsome Epcot watch released on Oct 1st 2007 for the 25th Anniversary. I was there at the Park that day and noticed several fans looking them over and a few making a purchase. I beleive it was a Limited Edition, and looked rather nice. -

ChrisFL4 days ago

I wouldn't mind a classy spaceship earth themed wristwatch...not sure if that exists or if any good Epcot style watches (meaning not kids toy) were made before 🧐

trainplane35 days ago

Also remember, Centorium's floor was also lower then MouseGear.

Disney Analyst5 days ago

It must be the angle of that old shot from Centorium. Makes the elevator tower and everything look elongated.

DreamfinderGuy5 days ago

You’re just not seeing it right. MouseGear had the same ceiling as Centorium with the exception of the areas blocked off. Creations is a total gut and rebuild with a whole new ceiling that’s about on the same level.

Disney Analyst5 days ago

I’ve gone into a deep dive… does anyone know - maybe @marni1971 Was the ceiling dropped when it became mousegear? When I look at the old second floor and elevator, and what the elevator looked like in MouseGear, I assume that is certainly the case. Wondering if it’s back to original height now? Or am I just not seeing this right?

Lands of Wonder5 days ago

Everyone misses Communocore, they restore that section to its original look and now all of the sudden they want Innoventions back. I’ll take post 50th Epcot over Millenium Eisner Era Epcot any day.