Creations Shop replaces Mouse Gear this summer at EPCOT

Apr 09, 2021 in "Creations Shop"

Creations Shop concept art
Posted: Friday April 9, 2021 10:03am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney has today announced that the new flagship merchandise location at EPCOT will be called "Creations Shop" and will replace the former Mouse Gear.

According to Imagineer Zach Riddley, "Creations Shop features a bold, sleek design that creates a perfect showcase for the rich variety of items you’ll find as part of your EPCOT experience. It will be an open, bright, welcoming environment with huge glass walls that allow sunlight to pour in and make you feel like you’re in touch with nature even while indoors. We are using color, materials and light in new ways with some unique EPCOT touches that connect back to this park’s storied past while looking to the future."

The store will include a Mickey Mouse mural along the side wall and homages to him throughout the interior. There large dynamic murals will showcase the global, contemporary icon that Mickey has become for generations around the world.

Construction on Creations Shop is still very much underway as we can see from the recent photos of the area.

Creations Shop will be located in the former Mouse Gear building, which is in the new World Celebration area replacing the original Future World.

The Sorcerers Aprentice12 days ago

I’m not a fan of the new name but hopefully it at least looks nice on the inside.

castlecake2.012 days ago

I’m thinking they’ll want some sort of central path available before they start having nighttime shows again? The current set up doesn’t lead to the greatest exit experience.

DCBaker13 days ago

atighe4221 days ago

I was thinking the same thing...will those brand new open windows look out onto an immediate placement of construction walls? Time will tell. The popcorn cart area that is being built seems like it will connect to the inner part of World Celebration so maybe they can get the landscaping and walkways on that side ready.

Magic Feather21 days ago

New QS is *maybe* done by Holiday Season. I do wonder what the plan is for walls when Creations and eventually the QS open up. Will some kind of walkway be available all around the building, or will it be the same setup as the present with shop entry out of FW E? In theory, a part of the new central pathway could be done when the QS opens, but who knows if that will happen.

atighe4222 days ago

Is it assumed that they have held off on announcing the Electric Umbrella replacement because of Covid restriction uncertainty? I would venture to guess that it will be well on its way to completion after Creations/Club Cool reopen because of all the work they are doing on the building as a whole.

Mickeynerd1724 days ago

From the concept art it doesn't look like there is. The old centorium mezzanine that was walled up for Mouse Gear was removed when they gutted the building so I doubt there will be one.

MisterPenguin24 days ago

What plans? Is there a mezzanine at all?

Minnesota disney fan24 days ago

I didn't really see anything wrong with it either. It was my very favorite store in all disney world. I could always find exactly what I was looking for there, even after looking in the shops in all the other parks. I just loved that store. I hope the new one is bigger and better:)

SMRT-1Michael24 days ago

Disappointed there isnt an upper level ADA compliant mezzanine in these new plans

Bocabear24 days ago

Now if the shop was filled with artisanal offerings, Print on demand posters and shirts and digitally printed dimensional souvenirs, I could get calling it "Creations" but boxes of standard merch from China... that is just "EPCOT Gift Shop"...in an Apple Store setting. Boo.

JohnD24 days ago

Call me crazy but if Mickey is featured throughout the store, why not retain the name “Mouse Gear”? Whatever. They can call it Creations if they want. I along with returning guests will still call it Mouse Gear. New guests will just think of it as the EPCOT gift shop. It really is a forgettable name.

Bocabear24 days ago

not at Disney's pace... Look for it more by October as one of the fabulous new offerings for the 50th

disneyC9725 days ago

I’m going end of July Any chance this is ready by then?