Magic Kingdom park hours extended during July 4 weekend and throughout July

Jun 15, 2021 in "Operating Hours"

Posted: Tuesday June 15, 2021 2:55pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Magic Kingdom operating hours have just been extended for the month of July, offering hours more comparable to prior years.

Beginning July 1 to July 10 2021, Magic Kingdom will now be open from 9am - 11pm, up from the originally scheduled 9pm close. For the remainder of the month, the park will remain open until 10pm, up from the original 9pm close.

These updated hours are comparable to 2019, when the Magic Kingdom was open from 9am to 10pm, plus Extra Magic Hours where available. July 2 - 3 saw a midnight and 1am close.

Extension to the park hours have come alongside today's news that Walt Disney World will resume its nightly firework shows on July 1 2021, ending a year long absence of the classic ending to a Disney day.

View the updated Disney World theme park hours.

wutisgood5 days ago

Or Disney should just have all the parks open as long as possible because they are some of the most expensive parks in the world with the most demand.

bee5 days ago

Personally I hope Epcot stays at 11am opening for awhile. You early birds get all the other parks, leave one park to rope drop for the rest of us! :joyfull:

dreday35 days ago

I think the fact that these hours are already posted open until 9 for MK, Epcot and DHS and 7 for AK bodes well for some later hours during the month! I mean, they almost always get extended on certain days. I will be thrilled if I get AK for 8 or later!

wdwmagic5 days ago

Yeah I wonder. I have my doubts. The 11am opening of the entire park plays very much into the concept of EPCOT being a restaurant and fireworks park in the evening.

helenabear5 days ago

I hope so. This is a massive damper for the way we like to do parks. Epcot is one of our favorite parks and the way they have it now just really sucks. By the time they open, we're ready to look for lunch and then take an afternoon break for the pool. This 11am sucked for F&GF as it was so hot for some in my party that we didn't enjoy F&GF much at all. Night hours don't help with that either.

Sirwalterraleigh5 days ago

If they don’t get a rationing system going…the hours won’t matter

JohnD5 days ago

Ever? Yes. We just don't know yet.

JohnD5 days ago

That may be true for the next couple of months. As of October, the hours are just shown out to 10/9 now, with MK, EP, and HS closing at 9 (except for MK on 10/5 which closes at 8:30, probably because of Boo Bash) and AK closing at 7. Hopefully, hours will be extended as it gets closer to October 1.

Nick_A5 days ago

I wonder if Epcot will ever return to a 9 AM opening for Future World?

wdwmagic5 days ago

Operating hours extended at Magic Kingdom, Disney's Hollywood Studios and EPCOT in latest Disney World operating hours update https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/operating-hours/news/23jul2021-operating-hours-extended-at-magic-kingdom,-disneys-hollywood-studios-and-epcot-in-latest-disney-world-operating-hours-update.htm

disneyglimpsesJun 15, 2021

We are pretty close to normal hours. MK and EPCOT will be more or less back to pre-pandemic hours in July (with exception days surrounding 7/4). DAK is 2 hours away from normal and DHS is only 1 hour away.

durangojimJun 15, 2021

Great news! It'd be great if they'd keep DHS open past 8. I'd love to get some photos of Galaxy's Edge at night!