Fireworks are back at Walt Disney World theme parks July 1

Jun 15, 2021 in "Epcot Forever"

Posted: Tuesday June 15, 2021 12:01pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Fireworks will return to Walt Disney World on July 1 2021 with both 'Happily Ever After' at Magic Kingdom and 'EPCOT Forever' at EPCOT.

Nighttime spectaculars have been missing at the Disney theme parks since the parks reopened in 2020, and their return will be a welcome addition to the light entertainment offerings at the parks.

The Magic Kingdom's 'Happily Ever After' will take place at 9:15pm, with EPCOT Forever at park close 10pm. View the latest park hours for July 2021.

The shows at EPCOT and Magic Kingdom will be first, with Disney yet to announce a return of Fantasmic! at Disney's Hollywood Studios, or the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular show.

While 'Happily Ever After' is expected to be the same show that guests saw before the park closures, 'EPCOT Forever' will be an updated show with a new pyrotechnic sequence to replace the kites. The addition of the Harmonious hardware to the World Showcase Lagoon makes the jet ski based kites unavailable.

With 'EPCOT Forever' returning July 1, this leaves the brand-new Harmonious show clear for a debut later in the year, likely in October as part of Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary celebrations.

Squishy29 minutes ago

I doubt it's FAA reasons, it wouldn't take this long. Harmonious did testing with lasers. DL is running Mix Magic with lasers.

MisterPenguin36 minutes ago

If Enchantment is heavily tied to the 50th, then once the 50th is over, they'll ditch Enchantment within the decade (cf. 2000 Millennial Wand).

Vinnie Mac4 hours ago

Unless FAA reasons are a thing (which I think they actually might be) then I wouldn't be surprised if lasers were back within this month. Heck, if we're lucky it might even be back tonight 🤷🏾‍♂️

zoso8 hours ago

Great. Now bring back the lasers, Disney

doctornick12 hours ago

I'm confident the current situation is that HEA ends in September, Enchantment starts in October and runs for 18 month, and Disney has no current plans as to what the fireworks show for MK will be come early 2023. It could easily be a return of HEA or it could be something new.

mattpeto12 hours ago

I hope it doesn’t suck but I hope I can see HEA again. There is no happy middle ground huh?

MansionButler8412 hours ago

I mean, if Enchantment sucks, HEA could return…

gerarar13 hours ago

Another update! Disney did it! 5 of 5 spotlights working on the left and right sets!! Couldn’t get a screenshot from the finale (as like my previous posts about this) because the stream quality crapped out..

TikibirdLand1 day ago

Guess it's because of youtube that we can track this. When I saw HEA, there was so much going on, I couldn't tell you what, if anything, was missing. It is/was an impressive show. I'm hoping that Enchantment will be as impressive, but with Main Street lit up too.

gerarar1 day ago

Update on this.. There are now 4 of 5 working on the left and right sets! Cmon Disney, just one more to go!!

gerarar4 days ago

Perfect timing on the Peoplemover with Tink!!

Squishy9 days ago

Was really noticeable last night during the start of the show.

wdwmagic10 days ago

Those early closes have been on the calendar for a while, will be interesting to see what comes of it, if anything.

SoFloMagic10 days ago

One cast appreciation party and one Corp buyout? Wouldn't it be cool if it meant we got to see HEA perimeters again?