Large increase to Disney Park Pass availability for July as park capacity restrictions fade at Walt Disney World

Jun 16, 2021 in "MyMagic+"

Posted: Wednesday June 16, 2021 12:34pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney has significantly added to the Disney Park Pass availability for July 2021 as capacity continues to be raised at Walt Disney World theme parks.

Earlier this morning, July 2021 had many days with limited availability for resort guests and theme park tickets, but as of midday, the availability is 100% across the entire month for all four theme parks.

Additional availability has also been added for resort guests and theme park tickets during June, with full availability from June 20 at all parks.

Annual Passholder availability has also been refreshed, with full availability at all parks for the entire month of July.

Disney Park Passes will be in high demand in early July as fireworks return to the Magic Kingdom and EPCOT. In addition, the parks are now operating with no mask requirements or physical distancing, offering guests a much more normal experience for the summer.

To enter a Disney World theme park, you will need a Disney Park Pass reservation and valid admission for that park—for each day you would like to visit.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

Laketravis23 hours ago

I took 200+ high school band students to WDW (and USF) for 5 days in spring 2022. At WDW they were free to leave the resort after a 7am breakfast meeting and go to whatever park they wanted. They were required to be back at the resort at a predetermined curfew each night. I had a couple of parent chaperones stationed in the resort lobby during the day but the rest of the chaperones and band staff pretty much went on their own as well without any students. We only required the students to remain in groups of at least 3 (one to stay with the second while the third goes for help if needed) and send us selfies in front of identifiable landmarks at certain times during the day. Aside from the occasional lost backpack or park ticket, the trip went surprisingly well.

MisterPenguin1 day ago

And this is the reason why Day Tickets no longer have to make reservations. The number of Day Tickets is limited in number and pegged to a specific date range.

SingleRider1 day ago

As an AP, it’s nice to see the tables turned and ticket guests being locked out before APs.

Disstevefan12 days ago

I don't understand this. If you are staying on site in a WDW resort, you should be able to get into any park you want.

DCBaker2 days ago

According to the Walt Disney World website, reservations on December 31 at Magic Kingdom and EPCOT are currently unavailable for Resort/Ticket guests. Reservations at Magic Kingdom on December 25 are also currently unavailable for Resort/Ticket guests. More reservations may be released, so keep checking if you are looking to go on those dates.

DCBaker2 days ago

Walt Disney World has added five more days of Bonus Reservations for Annual Passholders in December. December 6 - Disney's Hollywood Studios December 7 - Disney's Animal Kingdom December 10 - EPCOT December 11 - Magic Kingdom December 13 - Disney's Animal Kingdom

brifraz2 days ago

Couldn't pull that off with only 3 staff and 109 kids, even if our district let us!! (not going to get into our very strict district rules on what transportation kids can use, which are the strictest I've ever experienced). It'll be a great trip - always have fun with my kids!

KDM310912 days ago

Since APs can hop anytime once the new rules go into effect, it seems to render the reservations useless. I understood them during COVID, but I don't see the point now.

surfsupdon2 days ago

I love hearing other stories. Seeing what works and what does not. We have staff in each park at all times, in case issues arise. We are very blessed. Have a great BIG trip!

brifraz2 days ago

Not to continue to derail the thread topic, but... our school district requires that all the kids on a school trip be in the same location (park is considered a location but WDW as a whole is not, kids have freedom within the park we go to) and that we have one staff member for every 40 kids in said location. Most districts in this area (at least those I'm familiar with) have similar rules. I can't imagine a school or school system dealing with liability concerns if a kids goes by themself to a park and gets hurt and there isn't anyone from the school system there.

surfsupdon2 days ago

Our kids can branch out and go to whichever parks they want. They do not travel en masse.

Fido Chuckwagon2 days ago

I believe it, poorly supervised adolescents away from home for the first time by themselves sometimes do stupid/dangerous things.

brifraz3 days ago

Considering that the group tickets for my group are $331 per person for 4 day, no Park Hopper as opposed to $556 regular price for the same dates, I'm okay with it. I don't think the reasoning is based on any single group that is there. But...considering that at the time that my group is there, I know of 4 other school music groups going just from Maryland. Between us, it's about 700 people. Looking at the performance reservation calendar, I'd say they have roughly 30 high school music groups there over MLK weekend. The potential swing of 5000 or more people from those groups could have a significant impact. Not just on park attendance an attractions, but on bus parking, food service, etc. I have also been led to believe that when multiple large school groups are in a park, they adjust the number of security in that park. Not sure if that is accurate, but the information comes from a tour company that specializes in HS group trips to WDW, so I'm inclined to believe it.

networkpro3 days ago

yes, the "whats one more" argument doesnt hold water.