Walt Disney World Reservations at capacity for Annual Passholders at some parks as holiday events begin

Nov 08, 2023 in "MyMagic+"

Posted: Wednesday November 8, 2023 11:45am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Park Pass reservations are currently at capacity on select days at Magic Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios as both parks begin the Christmas holiday season.

Magic Kingdom is currently unavailable for Walt Disney World Annual Passholders on November 10 and 11, 2023. Disney's Hollywood Studios is unavailable for passholders on November 10, 2023.

No restrictions are currently in place for regular park tickets or resort hotel guests.

Note that on days when reservations are at capacity, Annual Passholders may still visit the theme parks after 2:00 pm without a theme park reservation, except on Saturdays and Sundays at Magic Kingdom. You should also keep watching the park pass reservation calendar as more capacity may be added.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

Fido Chuckwagon9 days ago

Incredipass can only hold 5 at a time when staying offsite.

Fido Chuckwagon9 days ago

I say this as someone who travels to WDW during Christmas & Easter: Just scrap park reservations except for Thanksgiving Week, Christmas Week, and Easter Week. They are clearly not needed at any other time now since they're always available and they're just an added annoyance with no benefit to anyone, including Disney at this point. Or, if you **must** use park reservations because you want to have an idea of where your AP's who don't buy LL will be (even though they can easily change their mind at the last minute anyway), then still require park reservations, but just don't cap the number than an AP can make.

Liloandstitch39 days ago

But if you have an annual pass as long as it doesn’t block out that/those date/s then it shouldn’t matter. An annual pass is in fact valid admission.

CaptainAmerica9 days ago

I'm going to time this from a cold start. I do not have a reservation for August 21 and I'm going to make one. Aaaaaand, it took 53.3 seconds.

CaptainAmerica9 days ago

You have cause and effect backwards. You can't book a lightning lane for a give date and park unless the system recognizes that you have valid admission for that date and park. The system doesn't recognize that you have valid admission for that date and park until you tell it you're coming.

Unbanshee10 days ago

That's exactly the case

mattpeto10 days ago

I mean I agree it's not a huge deal, but the bigger question is why aren't more days GTG? This doesn't seem that complicated.

Liloandstitch310 days ago

But by making lightning lanes I am effectively saying I’m entering this one park, so why is it even necessary to make a park pass on a different tab etc etc etc? Answer: it makes zero sense, they are trying to hang on to this park pass the same way they hung on to genie plus for way too long.

SoFloMagic10 days ago

That's an unnecessary pain in the ass. I mean maybe if it would just keep me logged in...

CaptainAmerica10 days ago

Just make a park reservation whenever you want to go, whether you need to or not. It takes 30 seconds.

ToTBellHop10 days ago

Whispers: it’s ridiculous that I paid $6k for IncrediPasses for my family and need park reservations except when I don’t need them but still need them for Lightning Lane. Unless I don’t. But, do I?

SoFloMagic10 days ago

I think a lot of us are hanging out hoping things will change back

aladdin200710 days ago

I think they are hearing about it, had a conversation with a very nice person at guest relations and she understood and was well aware about the dissatisfaction with park reservations (the only theme park company in the country still doing this I believe)...I was more or less being vocal that its stupid you have to wait till 2 to enter another park...To hold people out in the sun and bad weather, deny entry when they could be making money off you instead of just standing out there doing nothing....they have major ops problems anymore, they dont know what they are doing.

Ayla10 days ago

What's insane is people go along with it...