California Grill at Disney's Contemporary Resort unavailable for booking from October 2 as a new dining experience is expected

Jul 28, 2021 in "California Grill"

Posted: Wednesday July 28, 2021 8:00am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

The California Grill at Disney's Contemporary Resort is unavailable for booking from October 2 2021 according to the official website.

A notice on the website reads, "California Grill is currently unavailable for bookings after October 2 as we create a special dining experience for the 50th anniversary celebration of Walt Disney World Resort."

No additional information is available yet on what the special dining experience is, or how it will be priced.

EpcoTim1 day ago

Those are far too nice for Orlando then.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords1 day ago

GOT our four top for NOV 10. Real Restaurant, not the "at the top" event. Now, the Grill can Prix Fixe all it wants.... I'm showing up with money :). Tell me you don't want it πŸ˜… πŸ˜… πŸ˜…

monothingie1 day ago

California Grill will always sell out. The question is, will the feedback be positive?

Crazydisneyfanluke1 day ago

Was looking at reservations, they are basically nonexistent! I guess the 3 course prefix plan is working for the most part.

monothingie1 day ago

So long as your dollars are as green as the loin cloth, you’re good.

MansionButler841 day ago

I have a Tarzan costume. I presume that is good enough?

UNCgolf1 day ago

They definitely do. Last time I ate at Flying Fish a guy next to me was wearing a tank top and basketball shorts.

CaptainAmerica1 day ago

They're $120 flip flops, they better be.

Chi841 day ago

Same with us. Part of the fun of WDW is eating at restaurants that have a nicer ambiance without having to dress up. But if you look at what they are actually requiring to meet their signature dress code (shorts, sneakers and a Polo shirt will do), it's so minimal that I have a hard time believing people refuse to comply with it.

EpcoTim1 day ago

Aren’t those considered dress shoes in Orlando?

CaptainAmerica1 day ago

Who do I call to formally protest the blanket ban on flip flops? These are "resort casual" and far nicer than the beat-to-hell New Balance sneakers that most men will wear into that dining room.

Buried20KLeague1 day ago

I guess you're correct. I must have just never actually read what it says about dress code for other sigs I've eaten at. And I've surely never been confronted about anything I've worn... Which I'm CERTAIN has always been shorts. Long pants don't get packed for Disney trips.

Chi841 day ago

If I remember correctly, that language has always been used in the signature restaurant dress code. The problem is that "must wear" dressy attire is interpreted as "must have some sort of fabric covering one's nether parts."

Buried20KLeague1 day ago

I don't believe I've seen "must wear" used before. Maybe I'm wrong.