California Grill to open with new 50th anniversary celebration prix fixe menu from October 3

29 days ago in "California Grill"

California Grill 50th Anniversary Celebration Menu
Posted: Monday September 20, 2021 1:23pm Et by WDWMAGIC Staff

The California Grill at Disney's Contemporary Resort will celebrate Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary with a new limited time prix fixe menu from October 3 2021.

Pricing for adults is $89 per person (ages 10 and up), plus tax and gratuity, and for children $39 per child (ages 3 to 9), plus tax and gratuity.

This new limited-time three-course menu will be offered starting October 3, with reservations available September 23 2021.

California Grill 50th Anniversary Celebration Menu

EpcoTim26 days ago

Those are far too nice for Orlando then.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords26 days ago

GOT our four top for NOV 10. Real Restaurant, not the "at the top" event. Now, the Grill can Prix Fixe all it wants.... I'm showing up with money :). Tell me you don't want it πŸ˜… πŸ˜… πŸ˜…

monothingie26 days ago

California Grill will always sell out. The question is, will the feedback be positive?

Crazydisneyfanluke26 days ago

Was looking at reservations, they are basically nonexistent! I guess the 3 course prefix plan is working for the most part.

monothingie26 days ago

So long as your dollars are as green as the loin cloth, you’re good.

ToTBellHop26 days ago

I have a Tarzan costume. I presume that is good enough?

UNCgolf26 days ago

They definitely do. Last time I ate at Flying Fish a guy next to me was wearing a tank top and basketball shorts.

CaptainAmerica26 days ago

They're $120 flip flops, they better be.

Chi8426 days ago

Same with us. Part of the fun of WDW is eating at restaurants that have a nicer ambiance without having to dress up. But if you look at what they are actually requiring to meet their signature dress code (shorts, sneakers and a Polo shirt will do), it's so minimal that I have a hard time believing people refuse to comply with it.

EpcoTim26 days ago

Aren’t those considered dress shoes in Orlando?

CaptainAmerica26 days ago

Who do I call to formally protest the blanket ban on flip flops? These are "resort casual" and far nicer than the beat-to-hell New Balance sneakers that most men will wear into that dining room.

Buried20KLeague26 days ago

I guess you're correct. I must have just never actually read what it says about dress code for other sigs I've eaten at. And I've surely never been confronted about anything I've worn... Which I'm CERTAIN has always been shorts. Long pants don't get packed for Disney trips.

Chi8426 days ago

If I remember correctly, that language has always been used in the signature restaurant dress code. The problem is that "must wear" dressy attire is interpreted as "must have some sort of fabric covering one's nether parts."

Buried20KLeague26 days ago

I don't believe I've seen "must wear" used before. Maybe I'm wrong.