Cast Member previews of Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming in August to EPCOT

Jul 30, 2021 in "Remy's Ratatouille Adventure"

Posted: Friday July 30, 2021 1:20pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney will begin Cast Member previews for Remy's Ratatouille Adventure this summer ahead of the official opening on October 1 2021.

Previews of Remy's Ratatouille Adventure for Cast Members will begin in August, and Walt Disney World President Jeff Vahle has hinted on Instagram that there will also be preview opportunities for non-Cast Members.

The ride has been completed for some time, so the early preview opportunities are not a surprise. In addition to Cast Member previews, Passholder previews would seem likely, along with soft openings for general guests.

This new family-friendly attraction will officially debut as part of the kickoff for "The World’s Most Magical Celebration" honoring Walt Disney World Resort's 50th anniversary.

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure invites guests into the flavorful world of Disney and Pixar's "Ratatouille," where they will feel as if they shrink to the size of Chef Remy and scurry through Gusteau's famous restaurant. You will find Remy's Ratatouille Adventure in a newly expanded area of the park's France pavilion.

CJR4 hours ago

Absolutely. Given that he came from the parks, he no doubt has a much more hands on role in that division over the others at the time being. Not to mention, we knew long before Josh D'Amaro got promoted that they were wanting a paid FP. Iger was CEO back then too and definitely did nothing to stop it. I'd say that he enabled it, as the matter of fact. I do think Josh might have a played a big role in the Lightning Lane rebranding and the discontinuation of free Fastpass+, but most of what we're seeing was coming long before then. Had the pandemic never happened, I do think the name "Fastpass" would still be here, especially given that they put it on the signs of the newest attractions. Lighting Lane, as a name, was definitely conceived pretty recently (think last year and a half).

HauntedPirate4 hours ago

Oh, not at all. I do not discriminate with my anger towards Disney CEO’s named “Bob”. $lappie just happens to be at the front of the line right now, and he really hit “turbo boost” on the pricing BS. The Weatherman has earned plenty of ire, for many reasons.

SteveAZee7 hours ago

I think that, adjacent to the Law of Large Numbers, there's a model for guest behavior that Disney's got dialed in, and in general, given the millions of visitors, they can somewhat accurately predict which direction the herd (or subsets of the herd) will go. If they see that their model isn't working well enough, they'll adjust the model, tweak the perks and prices, and continue on. It's unlikely that a 'fall off the cliff' scenario will happen (financially), so they'll adjust if/when the herd shifts. I don't know this for a fact, but I believe it to be true. :)

ImperfectPixie10 hours ago

Don't leave Iger and the BoD (and possibly the various parks Presidents) out of your wish. This ball of nickel/diming/price gauging/cut perks has been rolling for a bit.

HauntedPirate10 hours ago

I firmly believe they don’t want to push anyone out, but they do want as many people as they can get paying the highest prices possible. From my chair, it feels like Disney believes they will be able to keep guests flowing in as in the past plus have them paying for more things than ever before. But… Human nature is a fickle thing, particularly when it comes to financial matters. All the sharp pencil people who model scenarios can’t account for someone having a bad day and deciding “Nope, this isn’t worth the money today”. They can’t account for the number of people who will see $15/day/person for Genie+ and say “No thanks”. They can’t account for a person’s tolerance for having Disney’s hand in their wallet as seemingly every turn right now and just not going. Leisure spending is not infinite. There are a plethora of other options available to people. The pseudo pay-to-play model they are implementing is something I genuinely hope is a massive failure. Nothing short of $lappie being unceremoniously tossed out on his bald head (and his stupid “Master Ship Builder” sign at Castaway Cay ripped out and burned) would make me happier right now. Well, maybe someone removing the oil rigs in WSL… 😉 Anyway… Voting with one’s wallet is the best way to send a message, and stopping by GS on your way out and sending emails to voice your disgust never hurts either.

aladdin200722 hours ago

I hope they get so many complaints when guests get turned away and told they are not allowed to wait in line to ride, that it changes sooner rather than later....and I agree you should have the freedom to wait in a line if you choose. The direction they are going with all this stuff is ruining it for so many, this is exactly what Disney wants though, to push people out because of the overcrowding problems, and sadly it will work because if you don't agree to let the app dictate to you what to do and pay for extras, Disney is showing you the door.... check out the rick steves radio show if you can from todays broadcast,,this was all stated loud and clear and theories behind it. It was very telling and just reaffirmed the direction they are taking.

J45461 day ago

i really dont think VQ will last long with this ride, it will be a standby / lightning lane within a year or two. Same with Web Slingers. Thats not to say the rides arent good, I really like WS and RAT looks to be a great addition to Epcot. Hopefully RotR gets its VQ removed in DL sometime soon because I really dislike VQ and would rather have a 5+ hour standby line oppourtunity than nothing.

SplashZander1 day ago

DCBaker1 day ago

Ratatouille has been added to the Virtual Queue page -

castlecake2.02 days ago

It’s a visa related issue. Cultural reps have to wear their “national costume” as part of their visa which can’t be worn by domestic cast unless they are from that country originally. So World Showcase should be fine once cultural reps return. In the meantime though yes, it’s a lot of generic costumes in the countries as they can’t wear the national ones.

aladdin20072 days ago

I get the feeling "temporary" will become permanent, which concerns me for the rest of WS costumes down the road.

castlecake2.02 days ago

France has new “temporary non cultural” costumes for Rat and merchandise shops consisting of black pants/vest/bow tie. Though IDF for some reason is still wearing flag shirts.

SoFloMagic4 days ago

Yeah, a bit. In all, it felt like it moved a lot less than rise or runaway railway. The 3d really got in the way of me liking it more. The physical scenes were nice and I didn't like that the 3d glasses got in the way of my enjoying them more. Runaway railway accomplishes most (short of the cork gag) of the tricks without the use of 3d.

co100644 days ago

I take it based on the changed signage that single rider won't be available?