Standby line opens at EPCOT's Remy's Ratatouille Adventure with congested walkways but moderate wait times

Jan 10, 2022 in "Remy's Ratatouille Adventure"

Standby line opens at Remy's Ratatouille Adventure
Posted: Monday January 10, 2022 11:!5am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure opened its standby line for the first time this morning, with guests no longer needing to secure a spot in the virtual queue to ride.

Wait times peaked around 90 minutes around rope drop, with the queue extending to the International Gateway entrance.

Around an hour after opening, the line settled into an average of a 60-minute wait.

Beyond the initial surge at rope-drop, the queue itself has been contained within the courtyard, with the 90-minute wait seeing the line begin at the entrance archway.

Of course, the courtyard is packed, with lines snaking throughout the area. Crosswalks controlled by ropes are in operation to move guests from one side of the street to the main queue area.

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure was open this morning during Early Entry as a test but is not yet part of the official Early Entry attraction line-up.

If you are in the park for Early Entry, be sure to check My Disney Experience to see if Ratatouille is open, as it may not be announced.

Although the virtual queue is now gone, you can still purchase a Lighting Lane access to the ride for $9. Slots were sold out this morning shortly after the park opened.

Surfin' Tuna2 days ago

When you're lucky that adds additional smells to the attraction - no upcharge

HauntedMansionFLA2 days ago

I was riding Soarin’ the other day and the person next to basically sitting in my lap.

Surfin' Tuna3 days ago

Looking at my own hips that aren't where they were a few years ago, I support this move. Wait, did I just agree with something they're currently doing at Epcot? ?

Sirwalterraleigh3 days ago

…I wasn’t thinking of that (I swear!)

Incomudro3 days ago

That's because the lower halves of so many Americans are too large to fit into one third of that seat.

gerarar3 days ago

It's been flying under the radar recently, but modifications are apparently being made to the RV's at Remy's Ratatouille Adventure at Epcot. Ride opened a little over a year ago. The seat dividers are being removed from the bench-style seats, presumably to allow more room for guests. Picture here of removal: This is what it looked like before, where two dividers seats 3 people per row:

gerararJul 18, 2022

Had the opportunity to ride the original Ratatouille in Walt Disney Studios during my trip to France. It's pretty much the exact same thing as the Epcot clone, as far as I can tell/remember. It was in both French/English, like most attractions in DLP/WDS. Some of the effects were kinda tame compared to the Epcot version. Like the tilting of the RV's was nonexistent on 3/4 RVs I rode in and the rumbles were "softer". I did a total of 4 rides in a short span, thanks to the single rider line (<5 mins waits!). The unload was the biggest difference, as this grants you a view of the attached sit-down restaurant. Epcot really should have gotten the same thing, tbh. I will note the RV's in WDS's version are in very rough shape. Scuff marks and paint missing, aka the usual. Plus as noted above, the tilting in some RV's are broken. Heat and water spray was working in their respective scenes. The courtyard at WDS where the ride sits in is beautiful, but I think I prefer Epcot's setup behind the France pavilion more, where it's treated as more as an alleyway leading to the ride. However, bonus points must be given to WDS as they have actual detailed facades everywhere as opposed to Epcot's painted flat facades behind the attraction and minimal actual facades. The stroller parking right at the entrance/queue kinda ruins the vibe, while Epcot has theirs hidden away near the Creperie. Overall, am glad I got to experience this version. It had many pluses and really no negatives. The negatives I did note are just ride defects that can be easily fixed when given time/maintenence. Also, am happy that I got multiple rerides with little to no wait, but in Orlando I only got one ride (at the time) because of the VQ system in place.

eggJun 28, 2022

Rats!

SplashZanderJun 28, 2022

Ratatouille went down at around 7:00 for the day. According to a cast member, one of the rats randomly stopped, which shut down the ride for the rest of the day because they couldn’t get the computer system in check. So from 7 until 11, the ride was not operational.

SplashZanderJun 25, 2022

Tilting and slight motion cars (tapping sensation to mimic the running of a rat), heat under the oven, water from the broom, and smells in certain scenes.

DisneyfanMAJun 25, 2022

Thanks for this detailed write up. I just found out the other day that Rat has tilting cars and also has smells and possibly heat (under the oven?) so its 4D right? I am excited for this ride and think it will be a highlight for my 3 children. Definitely an E-ticket ride. It's Disney!

SplashZanderJun 24, 2022

Does anyone know if the far wall projections in the Rat loading area are unique to Orlando? I thought they were lovely, but I didn’t remember them from Paris. I thought it was just blue lighting (like the other loading wall).

dreday3Jun 24, 2022

RAT and MMRR are spectacular additions. They both bring me straight back to my early 80's visits nostalgia even though they are new. Very well done. We smile/laugh the entire ride for both. :)

EPCOT-O.G.Jun 24, 2022

It is delightful in every way. Loved this experience.