Remy's Ratatouille Adventure Lightning Lane access will soon be included with Genie+

May 17, 2022 in "Remy's Ratatouille Adventure"

Posted: Tuesday May 17, 2022 2:15pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure will move from Individual Lightning Lane purchase to be included with Genie+ from May 31 2022.

The move comes alongside the opening of "Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind" which will not be part of Genie+ and will instead be an Individual Attraction Purchase.

Disney Genie+ is an option within the Disney Genie service that makes the former FastPass line available at select attractions, now called Lightning Lane. At Walt Disney World, the introductory pricing is $15 per ticket per day. Certain headline attractions are not part of Genie+, and Lightning Lane access at those attractions requires an Individual Attraction purchase which varies in prices.

Learn more about Disney Genie from our recent articles, including a Disney Genie FAQ, and Genie discussion on the WDWMAGIC Forums.

gerarar1 day ago

Yes, you can make a LL reservation at 7am for a park that you're going to hop to, IF the return time is 2pm onwards. You may need to sit and wait a bit, checking the return times. From today, SDD already had times around at 6pm at 7:05am. ToT and Falcon are the next ones to have times later in the day. Then 2 hours after park open, you can make another LL for a ride at HS while you're still at Epcot, hence stacking. I like this method because it makes park hopping easier and having a set of attractions ready to go to. I recommend looking at Thrill Data as it has a lot of useful information like the graph above. https://thrill-data.com/waits/park/wdw/hollywood-studios/

ceecee1011 day ago

Sorry basically a newbie again since haven’t been in 13 years, going this year. I’m confused. can I make a Genie+ selection for a park I am hopping to at 7 am as long as the return time is later than 2 pm? Seems like this is really common anyway, right? I mean if I am going to Epcot in the morning and say I don’t want to make any Genie+ there (we are people who don’t do many coasters, our rides at Epcot would be Soarin, Spaceship, Land, Figment), BUT I am hopping at 2 over to HS. Can I start Making Genie+ at 7 am for HS as long as I scroll and make sure all the return times are after 2, which it seems highly likely they will be if we want to do ToT, Smugglers, Slinky. And, I can keep stacking every 2 hours? Am I mixed up? Appreciate any help. Honestly all this new stuff is overwhelming For people who haven’t been back since paper FPs. Am really glad I started early trying to figure all this out.

crazy4disney1 day ago

Weve gone back and forth on this countless times. Imo and others FP+ worked pretty darn good for resort guests…

Jrb19791 day ago

I know Genie+ is a different type of system compared to express pass systems but they all share the same thing in that they don't work when everyone has them.

crazy4disney1 day ago

But if they are taking away inventory from the park they are hopping to in theory they are saving inventory for the park they are scheduled to be in pre 2pm. So in theory its “hurting” one group and “helping” another. Just another shell game if you ask me.

lazyboy97o2 days ago

Genie+ does that too by not letting you pick times. The whole point is that your options are limited to follow how the system wants to allocate people.

GhostHost10002 days ago

I thought the goal of genie (non paid recommendations) was the part the “attempts” to spread crowds out more. Even though no one follows it.

GhostHost10002 days ago

Exactly which is causing more hits to the app than necessary

mmascari2 days ago

While I would love to pick a time for each LL, just like getting a movie ticket, the system would fall apart if they did that. Can you imagine that by 9:00 AM all the slots between 11:00 AM and 3:00 PM are taken for everything in the park? It would also completely defeat the idea that G+ is trying to push crowds towards less crowded rides. If that's a desired concept for guests is a different question. It's been stated this is one of the goals of the system.

mmascari2 days ago

Sort of, it's probably not that simple. There's a bunch of nuanced impacts that will happen. The old way, at one extreme, a park hopper with a pass not to MK could have made 1 LL for 2:00 at 7:00 AM. Then, again at 10:00, 12:00, and 2:00. That's 3 LL reserved before they could be there and 4 by 2:00. All for return times after 2:00. For the person who was in the park already that's 3 slots removed from inventory that they never had any access to at all. Even if they made selections at the exact same times. With the change, the hopper cannot reserve those slots at MK. This leaves them 2 options. First, wait for something to get to after 2:00 and reserve it, then wait 2 hours and repeat. That pattern is likely to delay selections that they only get 1 or 2, certainly nothing at 7:00 AM, deferring when they make each selection. Second, they reserve something at the park they're at for use closer to the time they're reserving it. That will shift load into the park they're in. However, the park pass is already managing crowd size and distribution in the early hours. The implications and how it impacts overall experience will likely not be known until it's been done this way long enough to observe it. I think this is most of it. I think the 2 hour window is a hedge in the system because of popular rides that have return times much later. This is like when your third FP+ was late in the day and you couldn't take advantage of getting a fourth until you used it. The 2 hour window makes that experience better. But, what Disney clearly wants people to do is take a LL that's much closer than that. Something in the 40 to 75 minutes from when you're reserving it. Then, immediately repeat after you use it. If you did that, instead of 4 LL by 2:00, it could be 7:00, 8:30, 9:30, 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 1:30, 2:30. Getting 8 LL in the same timeframe. The issue is, for the popular rides, that's almost impossible. For the other rides, it works just fine.

Jrb19792 days ago

I can agree with the 7am part. I disagree about the refreshing part. It's more that guests are looking for optimal time instead of taking what's available

GhostHost10002 days ago

Except at 7am and more refreshing throughout the day than before

Vacationeer2 days ago

People who are not hopping may see better after 2pm availability, but won’t that just be swapping out for less pre-2pm? Hoppers will switch strategy and start competing in that park that morning instead. People who call it a day before dinner will now see less availability during their day, and will be the most adversely affected.

JAB2 days ago

This change doesn't reduce load on the servers. It still has to check the return times; the only difference now is that if the return time is before 2pm it tells you "not allowed" instead of just giving you a 2pm LL. In fact, it's likely to significantly increase server load because of all the extra requests from hoppers who now have to constantly refresh to get the same 2pm LL as before.