Disney confirms Remy's Ratatouille Adventure opening will move to 2021

Nov 16, 2020 in "Remy's Ratatouille Adventure"

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure marquee sign
Posted: Monday November 16, 2020 12:32pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney has today confirmed that Remy's Ratatouille Adventure at EPCOT will open in 2021.

The announcement was made by Josh D’Amaro, Chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, as he took the virtual stage at the IAAPA Expo: Virtual Education Conference.

The ride in the France pavilion had been originally planned to open in 2020, but the COVID-19 closure and subsequent restrictions on theme park operations means that Disney will wait until it can properly market the attraction to drive guests back to Walt Disney World next year.

The exterior of the expansion is largely complete, and we understand from sources that ride system testing is already underway inside the show building.

Based on Disney and Pixar’s hit film, “Ratatouille,” the family-friendly attraction will invite you to shrink down to the scale of a rat for a culinary adventure with Chef Remy. During each adventure, you’ll race across Gusteau’s kitchen floor aboard special trackless ride vehicles in a thrilling 3D chase. The ride originally debuted at Disneyland Paris Resort.

gerarar3 days ago

Original Concept Artist for the expansion:

WondersOfLife7 days ago

"What screams fast and furious?" "......Party bus."

DisneyDean978 days ago

Maybe if the ride system was like Test Track, or hell, even something like Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. F&F show building is nearly double the size of RnRC show building (not counting the long launch tunnel), they could definitely fit a sizable GOOD attraction in there.

MisterPenguin8 days ago

They were also expecting F&F to have two hour lines for years and years to come.

marni19718 days ago

F&F was beyond Creatives control.

Movielover8 days ago

They managed to fit Transformers into a similar sized area. I'm consistently impressed at some of the design choices Universal Creative makes to fit things into existing places, which then in turn baffles me when they do the complete opposite like with the Un-Fast and the Furious-less.

marni19718 days ago

If you put the queue below the ride yes.

RSoxNo18 days ago

Is there enough room at Shrek? This looks like a great family friendly ride and something that would be very welcome at USF. It has vibes of Men in Black as well as Monsters Inc Ride and Go Seek for me.

Sir_Cliff8 days ago

I don't know, the pacing seems a bit off. The sets look very nice, but the ride itself just seems a bit... slow.

Animaniac93-988 days ago

Still a HHN house from last year waiting to open on Sep 3?

marni19719 days ago

Planned but currently on hold.

aladdin20079 days ago

agree, and love this ride from the video..I dont know that much about universal but is this planned for orlando as well?...sort of reminds me of the monsters inc dark ride which I never understood why they didn't implement at the studios etc...I just wish Disney would quit being so obsessed with tech tech tech and get back to to creative and imaginative.

CastAStone10 days ago

Half (IIRC?) their daily attendance was APs, which also now don’t exist, and presumably many of them will want to go MUCH less often until they have some sort of subscription attendance plan in place again. I think this makes a ton of sense for DLR. At the same time at WDW, I don’t think they want 100% attendance this fall, because that would mean they’d have to have 100% staff, and 1) that will just be tough to pull off, but 2) they genuinely want the CP and IP and Cultural Ambassadors etc back in the park, that almost certainly can’t happen for fall, and it won’t be possible for January if all of those jobs are filled by Floridians. I also imagine, and to be clear now I’m speculating, that filling certain specific jobs with Americans could have an impact on securing visas for foreign nationals for those jobs in the future.

pdude8110 days ago

Great. I figured they would be more concerned about EU in the near term.