Disney confirms Remy's Ratatouille Adventure opening will move to 2021

Nov 16, 2020 in "Remy's Ratatouille Adventure"

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure marquee sign
Posted: Monday November 16, 2020 12:32pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney has today confirmed that Remy's Ratatouille Adventure at EPCOT will open in 2021.

The announcement was made by Josh D’Amaro, Chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, as he took the virtual stage at the IAAPA Expo: Virtual Education Conference.

The ride in the France pavilion had been originally planned to open in 2020, but the COVID-19 closure and subsequent restrictions on theme park operations means that Disney will wait until it can properly market the attraction to drive guests back to Walt Disney World next year.

The exterior of the expansion is largely complete, and we understand from sources that ride system testing is already underway inside the show building.

Based on Disney and Pixar’s hit film, “Ratatouille,” the family-friendly attraction will invite you to shrink down to the scale of a rat for a culinary adventure with Chef Remy. During each adventure, you’ll race across Gusteau’s kitchen floor aboard special trackless ride vehicles in a thrilling 3D chase. The ride originally debuted at Disneyland Paris Resort.

TimeTrip15 hours ago

Had 3pm slot and got to ride 3 times in the span of about 20 minutes. The line for photopass was almost longer than the 3 rides.. at around 15 minutes. No wait for crepes at around 345. It seemed to be crowded at the top of the hour. As for the ride. Good fun. Only the left eye projector wasn't working in the outdoor scene before going "in". Didn't know the champagne scene could be different from ride to ride...

DisneyDodo1 day ago

Yet we can’t get them to throw a parade in honor of their biggest resort’s 50th anniversary…

FigmentFan822 days ago

sorry, it was my first time

castlecake2.02 days ago

LIGHT SPEED TO ENDORRRR

MansionButler842 days ago

I’m sure. They just need to slow down and take a few weeks to get this set up right. Let the 50th start and then roll this out during the early November lull. Or barrel forward in a couple weeks….

gerarar2 days ago

castlecake2.03 days ago

Inw I wonder if originally that was the plan but someone somewhere wanted as many changes in place as possible by oct 1, not as much to make it part of the 50th but just to have a specific date where the majority of operational changes are completed.

MansionButler843 days ago

I just wish they’d slow down. No one said, “we want this for the 50th!” and it won’t make it for 10/1, anyway. What difference is a few weeks to make it all look nice?

castlecake2.03 days ago

I don’t disagree but with the mess the world is still in at least they made the temporary stickers match the area. I’ll give this one a pass for now.

Skibum19703 days ago

Sorry.

MansionButler843 days ago

That’s likely true, but they should have planned this far enough in advance to have appropriate signage before starting the system up. If that isn’t until November, so be it. The Disney Difference should matter, especially for a premium upcharge.

ImperfectPixie3 days ago

Me too. I notice signage even when I'm not trying to. (My husband does, too, just from being around me for so many years.)

castlecake2.03 days ago

I believe this is just temporary until sign making shop can catch up. Its not an easy project when every single sign is different materials/colors/fonts. I hope I am right.

etc983 days ago

It’s really a shame that they’re covering up all this dimensional signage with flat stickers. Even though the style is the same, the 3D look of the original signs made of multiple materials is so much nicer. Hopefully the stickers are temporary and they’ll go back through and update the signs more permanently later, though I’m not counting on it