Ratatouille coming to Epcot's France Pavilion

Jul 15, 2017 in "Remy's Ratatouille Adventure"

Posted: Sunday July 16, 2017 7:092pm EDT by WDWMAGIC Staff

A Disney•Pixar’s “Ratatouille”-inspired attraction is coming to the France Pavilion in Epcot's World Showcase.

The attraction will expand the pavilion and will be similar to the 4-D attraction Ratatouille: The Adventure that opened at the Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris in 2014.

Guests will be able to shrink to Remy’s size and scurry to safety in a dazzling chase across a kitchen with the sights, sounds and smells of Gusteau’s legendary Parisian restaurant.

According to Disney leaders, both attractions will open in time for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort in 2021.

egg1 day ago

Rats!

SplashZander1 day ago

Ratatouille went down at around 7:00 for the day. According to a cast member, one of the rats randomly stopped, which shut down the ride for the rest of the day because they couldn’t get the computer system in check. So from 7 until 11, the ride was not operational.

SplashZander3 days ago

Tilting and slight motion cars (tapping sensation to mimic the running of a rat), heat under the oven, water from the broom, and smells in certain scenes.

DisneyfanMA4 days ago

Thanks for this detailed write up. I just found out the other day that Rat has tilting cars and also has smells and possibly heat (under the oven?) so its 4D right? I am excited for this ride and think it will be a highlight for my 3 children. Definitely an E-ticket ride. It's Disney!

SplashZander4 days ago

Does anyone know if the far wall projections in the Rat loading area are unique to Orlando? I thought they were lovely, but I didn’t remember them from Paris. I thought it was just blue lighting (like the other loading wall).

dreday34 days ago

RAT and MMRR are spectacular additions. They both bring me straight back to my early 80's visits nostalgia even though they are new. Very well done. We smile/laugh the entire ride for both. :)

EPCOT-O.G.4 days ago

It is delightful in every way. Loved this experience.

SplashZander4 days ago

Coming off the ride for the third time today, the gentleman in front of us remarked “I love all the new generation Disney Rides”

SplashZander4 days ago

First time getting to Epcot since Rat has opened. It is exactly what this park needed. I’ve ridden it in Paris over a dozen times (I’m currently wearing a Paris Rat shirt I got in 2019). The area is beautiful. The Skyliner flying over the area adds so much. When we first boarded, in the first scene, I legitimately cried a little. I’ve never done this on a ride, but the combination of Rat’s music with traveling again (first ride of the trip), and the joy that Epcot got some love, was just emotional to me. All the effects worked perfectly. I loved Rat in my 2016 Paris trip, but in 2019 I felt disappointed. The ride’s motion effects (tilt effects and tapping) were broken, but in Orlando today everything was working, and I fell in love again. It’s a fantastic ride. Amazing details. The smells are so potent and delicious in the kitchen (reminds me of the original Soarin). The Ratatouille I rode today is a definite E-Ticket. There’s no question about it in my mind. The Rat I rode in 2019 was nowhere near. I cannot understate how perfect this addition is for Epcot. If you’re not a fan of IPs in Epcot you literally never have to step into the courtyard. It’s perfect. It’s a pure addition and massive capacity boost. The park needed family additions and it got a great one. The small details are amazing. A huge screw sticking through the wall. The Skinner chase scene is more convincing than MMRR’s waterfall scene. As the screen starts to move forward, the vehicle, instead of just parking, continues to move forward (albeit at a slow pace) for the first couple seconds of the simulation, which greatly sells the motion. From the back row you can’t see the floor, you only see the screen. I love having the French-English hybrid ride. Adds so much to the ride. I was concerned that with Rise and MMRR, Rat wouldn’t be able to stack up, but I definitely think it does. I love this ride.

MisterPenguin12 days ago

Little PixieMay 01, 2022

Ooh La La, New Ratatouille Merch. Gotta love it.

kalel8145May 01, 2022

Oh very cool. Can't wait to check this out. Will get to experience Remy soon. Looking forward to it.

SirwalterraleighMay 01, 2022