Remy's Ratatouille Adventure will open October 1 2021 at EPCOT

Mar 09, 2021 in "Remy's Ratatouille Adventure"

First phase of the France pavilion expansion opens to guests

During today's virtual annual meeting of shareholders of The Walt Disney Company, Disney CEO Bob Chapek announced the grand opening of Remy's Ratatouille Adventure at EPCOT will be October 1, 2021.

This new family-friendly attraction will officially debut as part of the kickoff for “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” honoring Walt Disney World Resort’s 50th anniversary.

Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure invites guests into the flavorful world of Disney and Pixar’s “Ratatouille,” where they will feel as if they shrink to the size of Chef Remy and scurry through Gusteau’s famous restaurant. Guests will find Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure in a newly expanded area of the park’s France pavilion.

Also debuting October 1 in this section of the pavilion will be La Crêperie de Paris, offering both table and quick-service options. The menu will feature sweet crepes, savory buckwheat galettes (naturally gluten friendly) and authentic French hard cider.

Although the ride is already complete, it appears the company has opted to wait for the parks to return to a more normal operating status before opening the expansion. It should also be noted that the while the official opening date is October 1, this does not rule out previews and soft openings prior to that date should conditions allow.

The ride was originally planned to open in 2020, but will now instead be Walt Disney World's only major new addition for the 50th celebrations. The company had originally expected to have a full line-up of new attractions for the 50th, including TRON at the Magic Kingdom, Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind, Remy's Ratatouille Adventure and Harmonious at EPCOT.

Article Posted: Mar 09, 2021 / 1:30pm ET

RSoxNo12 hours ago

Is there enough room at Shrek? This looks like a great family friendly ride and something that would be very welcome at USF. It has vibes of Men in Black as well as Monsters Inc Ride and Go Seek for me.

Sir_Cliff4 hours ago

I don't know, the pacing seems a bit off. The sets look very nice, but the ride itself just seems a bit... slow.

Animaniac93-986 hours ago

Still a HHN house from last year waiting to open on Sep 3?

marni19716 hours ago

Planned but currently on hold.

aladdin20077 hours ago

agree, and love this ride from the video..I dont know that much about universal but is this planned for orlando as well?...sort of reminds me of the monsters inc dark ride which I never understood why they didn't implement at the studios etc...I just wish Disney would quit being so obsessed with tech tech tech and get back to to creative and imaginative.

CastAStone1 day ago

Half (IIRC?) their daily attendance was APs, which also now don’t exist, and presumably many of them will want to go MUCH less often until they have some sort of subscription attendance plan in place again. I think this makes a ton of sense for DLR. At the same time at WDW, I don’t think they want 100% attendance this fall, because that would mean they’d have to have 100% staff, and 1) that will just be tough to pull off, but 2) they genuinely want the CP and IP and Cultural Ambassadors etc back in the park, that almost certainly can’t happen for fall, and it won’t be possible for January if all of those jobs are filled by Floridians. I also imagine, and to be clear now I’m speculating, that filling certain specific jobs with Americans could have an impact on securing visas for foreign nationals for those jobs in the future.

pdude811 day ago

Great. I figured they would be more concerned about EU in the near term.

marni19711 day ago

I’d be very very surprised if there were. The second theatre may still be down.

pdude811 day ago

My son loves Shrek (Puss in Boots, really). I hope (and assume) there won't be any changes before we go in the Summer

MansionButler841 day ago

WDW is already filling to its capacity well and needs a 50th draw. For DL, the calculus is different. They’ve been closed a long time and want a draw to pull people back after so long. They purposely picked a date close to when restrictions reduce and out-of-state people can return.

marni19711 day ago

I saw the plans for the Shrek plot. Fitted like a glove.

WondersOfLife1 day ago

Ohh... dang. Shrek would have been perfect it seems. The toon lagoon theatre also would have made sense since they were selling products over there. Hmm. I dont know why they’d be rejected. Seems like a no brainer.

marni19711 day ago

Shrek or Toon Lagoon theatre.

WondersOfLife1 day ago

.....Kidzone, fear factor, Seuss landing, toon lagoon... ...I’m purposely not saying Poseidon’s Fury because I love that useless attraction.