Firework platforms in place in World Showcase Lagoon as Harmonious testing continues

Mar 31, 2021 in "Harmonious"

Harmonious firework barges in position - March 31 2021
Posted: Wednesday March 31, 2021 2:51pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

All eight fireworks platforms are out in World Showcase today as work continues on preparations for the Harmonious nighttime spectacular at EPCOT.

The eight platforms are arranged around the main barges and will provide a launch point for some of the show's fireworks.

This is almost the entire lagoon setup, with just the fourth and final fin-shaped barge still to be brought out from the backstage marina.

A close-up look appears to show that the launchers are currently empty, so it could be that the team is just carrying out system tests and not actual firework launching.

Elsewhere on the Canada barge, some fairly heavy work is taking place on one of the arms, with what looked liked welding work being done.

James Alucobond7 hours ago

The ring is like a giant shrug emoji when its arms are up. 🤷‍♂️

GimpYancIent7 hours ago

Just keep in mind the bigger, more intricate and technical the greater the opportunity for things to go wrong. The things in the lagoon are pretty big.

GrandCanyonConcourse7 hours ago

Hardly noticed myself

zapple7 hours ago

I just can’t with these things. There are no words to describe how hideous they are. Every time I go back I’m shocked at their intrusiveness.

Coffeeroasters11 hours ago

The new pics are showing improvement but it won't make the large structures go away. Would love to see a daytime test of the "fountains" that will hide the hardware........

danv311 hours ago

Heard this music on an elevator in Aulani and went directly to the gift shop to buy the CD. 😅

HauntedPirate13 hours ago

Don’t trip on the bar you’ve lowered to the ground, TDO…

TJ Vazquez13 hours ago

If you see someone complaining of sight line issues in the comments that’s me. Couldn’t help it.

marni197114 hours ago

WOW! I’m trying to convince you it’s suitable for the park!

DCBaker14 hours ago

mnelson315 hours ago

Something to note from the pic Disney released yesterday, won’t make that much of a difference but the arms and center ring do not have their coverings.

Thelazer15 hours ago

Your wrong on the inspiration... all I can say is China / Dubai / Macau

Lands of Wonder16 hours ago

Yes but nothing against Pink floyd, there not worthy of Pink Floyd’s set or genesis

EvilChameleon16 hours ago

Hang on, whoa, I won't allow this Pink Floyd slander. They were one of the greatest live bands of all time.