Happily Ever After fireworks show returning to Walt Disney World

Sep 11, 2022 in "Happily Ever After"

Happily Ever After preview
Posted: Sunday September 11, 2022 1:35pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Fan favorite firework show 'Happily Ever After' will return to Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World in 2023.

'Disney Enchantment' is expected to come to an end alongside the conclusion of Walt Disney World's 50th celebration in March, with 'Happily Ever After' taking its place from April 2023.

Speaking at D23 Expo, Disney Parks Chairman Josh D'Amaro said that an "the popular anthem 'Happily Ever After' will play again when an updated nighttime spectacular returns to light up the skies over Cinderella Castle."

Jordan Fisher and Angie Keilhauer performed "Happily Ever After" to announce its return to Magic Kingdom.

Fan reaction to the 50th 'Disney Enchantment' show was poor, so it comes as no surprise that it had a limited 18-month run at Magic Kingdom.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

C33Mom1 day ago

Awesome, thank you, we can keep our dinner plans at Epcot after all.

Starship8241 day ago

Anyone get to see the test or find videos of it last night?

Starship8241 day ago

This and Fantasy in sky, they didn't even change the words in Fantasy in the sky they just re recorded it and it sounds worse, also I noticed every year the speakers are always out of sync and lower volume from every other show. Also the fourth of July show is only ok. I think I'd rather them just do hea with more pyro and fourth tag like Epcot.

ToTBellHop1 day ago

It moves to 9 pm on August 10 this year.

Squishy1 day ago

I'm still confused why they redid the whole narration to change a few slight words, new narration sounds worse.

MisterPenguin1 day ago

The musical selections and their performance for the 4th of July fireworks show is... bad. Remember, I'm a pixie dusting shill. So, if I say that...

Squishy1 day ago

Huh?

MisterPenguin1 day ago

Hopefully the 4th show is updated from the previous awful show whose music was... bad.

C33Mom1 day ago

It’s very helpful, thank you! We are looking at the second week of August and we only have one shot at it, so I think we need to plan to be there by 8:50. Should have thought about this before making dining reservations. 🤦‍♀️

DisneyFanatic121 day ago

The timing varies slightly between years, but should be similar. In 2023, showtimes were moved to 9:00pm on August 9th and to 8:30pm on September 18th I believe. In 2022, Enchantment was moved to 9:00pm on August 8th I believe. Hope that helps!

C33Mom1 day ago

While this thread is temporarily alive, does anybody know when MK firework shows start shifting earlier again? Wondering if HEA will still be at 9:20 in early August or if we need to arrive even earlier to catch it.

jrhwdw2 days ago

My guess is Celebrate America Testing.

Starship8242 days ago

Guessing its for the 4th of July.

Starship8242 days ago

Record it for us if you can!