VIDEO Walt Disney World welcomes back Happily Ever After at Magic Kingdom

Apr 04, 2023 in "Happily Ever After"

Happily Ever After 2023
Posted: Tuesday April 4, 2023 9:54pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Fan-favorite Happily Ever After made its return to Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom this evening, playing to a packed Main Street U.S.A.

New for 2023, the nightly fireworks show adds brand-new projections that extend down Main Street U.S.A. to further immerse guests into the stories.

The show is almost identical to the version that debuted in 2017, featuring the main theme song by Angie Keilhauer and Jordan Fisher and all the original pyro and laser effects.

Watch the video below for tonight's opening night performance of Happily Ever After.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

C33Mom1 day ago

Awesome, thank you, we can keep our dinner plans at Epcot after all.

Starship8241 day ago

Anyone get to see the test or find videos of it last night?

Starship8241 day ago

This and Fantasy in sky, they didn't even change the words in Fantasy in the sky they just re recorded it and it sounds worse, also I noticed every year the speakers are always out of sync and lower volume from every other show. Also the fourth of July show is only ok. I think I'd rather them just do hea with more pyro and fourth tag like Epcot.

ToTBellHop1 day ago

It moves to 9 pm on August 10 this year.

Squishy2 days ago

I'm still confused why they redid the whole narration to change a few slight words, new narration sounds worse.

MisterPenguin2 days ago

The musical selections and their performance for the 4th of July fireworks show is... bad. Remember, I'm a pixie dusting shill. So, if I say that...

Squishy2 days ago

Huh?

MisterPenguin2 days ago

Hopefully the 4th show is updated from the previous awful show whose music was... bad.

C33Mom2 days ago

It’s very helpful, thank you! We are looking at the second week of August and we only have one shot at it, so I think we need to plan to be there by 8:50. Should have thought about this before making dining reservations. 🤦‍♀️

DisneyFanatic122 days ago

The timing varies slightly between years, but should be similar. In 2023, showtimes were moved to 9:00pm on August 9th and to 8:30pm on September 18th I believe. In 2022, Enchantment was moved to 9:00pm on August 8th I believe. Hope that helps!

C33Mom2 days ago

While this thread is temporarily alive, does anybody know when MK firework shows start shifting earlier again? Wondering if HEA will still be at 9:20 in early August or if we need to arrive even earlier to catch it.

jrhwdw2 days ago

My guess is Celebrate America Testing.

Starship8242 days ago

Guessing its for the 4th of July.

Starship8242 days ago

Record it for us if you can!