'A Celebration of Festival of the Lion King' physical distancing drops to 3ft

May 14, 2021 in "Festival of the Lion King"

A Celebration of Festival of the Lion King
Posted: Friday May 14, 2021 1:23pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

The recently opened 'A Celebration of Festival of the Lion King' at Disney's Animal Kingdom is moving to 3ft physical distancing in a move to ramp-up capacity.

'A Celebration of Festival of the Lion King' opened last Saturday at somewhere close to a third of its normal capacity.

Changes this weekend will see guests seated on the previously empty rows in spaces that still offer some degree of physical distancing. We estimate the changes to put the capacity somewhere closer to 50%.

Disney announced earlier this week that it will begin reducing physical distancing to 3ft over the next few weeks at Walt Disney World, replacing the original reopening guidelines of 6ft.

The reduction from 6ft to 3ft will take place in certain areas at the parks, resort hotels and Disney Springs, but won't apply to dining areas, shopping or any area where guests can remove masks.

StaceyH_SD5 hours ago

Probably when they get more staff.

phillip96986 hours ago

Any word on when they are going to start filling more tables in the dining areas that are open. Dining capacity still seems woefully low.

DisneyCane15 hours ago

I'd say RNR doesn't suffer badly without it but it doesn't make it worse with it. It tells the story of why you are on a speeding limo and needing to avoid traffic. I do wish TT had been turned back on when I rode Wednesday. It adds a challenge.

Tom P.15 hours ago

HM has returned now too.

DCBaker20 hours ago

According to DFB, the dining room in La Cava del Tequila reopens tomorrow - https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021/06/19/exclusive-you-can-drink-inside-la-cava-del-tequila-in-epcot-again-starting-tomorrow/

CastAStone1 day ago

Yes it came back approximately 45 minutes after I posted this, because of course it did LOL. Glad it's back! I think it's a fun diversion.

Chomama1 day ago

TT is back i hear

CastAStone2 days ago

I haven’t seen any indication that TT design studio or RNR is back on. RNR is better without it but TT is missed.

Elizabeth Swann2 days ago

I think TOT and HM

MansionButler842 days ago

Dinosaur is operating.

ABQ2 days ago

Pretty sure this is still current. Updated when things change. https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/pre-show-live-show-return-tracker.973210/#post-9813054

MansionButler842 days ago

What preshows haven‘t returned yet?

dreday32 days ago

I just saw this. You made my day. It's not an exaggeration when I say Living With the Land is one of my favorite rides in all of Disney.

DCBaker3 days ago