Disney begins preparing for the return of 'EPCOT Forever' with a firework test

Jan 25, 2023 in "Epcot Forever"

Posted: Wednesday January 25, 2023 3:!5pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney's pyro team is preparing for the return of EPCOT Forever at Walt Disney World and will conduct some firework testing overnight on January 25, 2023.

Disney has advised guests in the EPCOT area resorts that the test will occur after the park close at around midnight, and will include lasers, smoke and fireworks.

"EPCOT Forever" will return to Walt Disney World as an interim show on April 3 2023, following the final performance of Harmonious on April 2.

The first version of EPCOT Forever which debuted on October 1 2019 featured fireworks and stunt kites. and played until Walt Disney World's closure in 2020. The show resumed on July 1 2021, as fireworks shows returned to Walt Disney World after the pandemic shutdown. The second version dropped the stunt kites but added more fireworks in their place. Its last performance was September 28, 2021, making way for Harmonious on September 29.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

Chef idea Mickey`=2 hours ago

Is HEA's schedule always 9:20.. I was waiting for it and thought that was delayed while I could hear fireworks from Epcot all the way from the GF between then. 😵

doctornick2 hours ago

That’s cool but I wonder about the third party owners of restaurants. Are they pleased with bookings? (I ask because even if the show is popular, if the general low crowds is leading to lower restaurant utilization, they might still be unhappy)

Chef idea Mickey`=2 hours ago

It's not diet either, it's basically back to classic Epcot! :)

aladdin20074 hours ago

I think they more or less have bigger problems to worry about with this park....I wouldn't be surprised though to see some tweaks in the show down the road at some point but probably nothing imminent,, even though a few changes would do it some nice good.

gerarar4 hours ago

The center barge lift failed to rise tonight during the finale. Due to this, the blossom of comets couldn't shoot off. This is the first time this has ever happened (that I've seen), aside from the couple of B-mode shows the last few months. Timestamped livestream:

jrhwdw6 hours ago

That's Wonderful News!!!! I'm glad it's Working !! If only POE would Return........ You People! LOL!!!!! I wonder if any Babies are sleeping at WSL on July 4th or NYE????

Starship8247 hours ago

As a lover of luminous, I approve of this message and I'm happy to hear this.

ToTBellHop7 hours ago

Well, I don’t think it’ll last as long as RoE but that was an exceptional run. Almost 20 years and not a single baby slept but they all wept.

MisterPenguin7 hours ago

But I saw a baby in a carriage (pram for you Brits) sleeping thru it!!!

ToTBellHop7 hours ago

I had a conversation today and was told, regardless of our analyses, that those in charge are very pleased with internal metrics for Luminous.

Squishy1 day ago

I'm surprised Luminous hasn't moved to 9:15 or 9:30, there is a bit of daylight still visible at 9.

TheMaxRebo1 day ago

Guess we (or at least they) will find out this summer as it is Diet Epcot for months

Brian1 day ago

Technical issues.

Starship8241 day ago

I don't the drone show has anything to do with it, probably to do with the Sunset is my guess.