EPCOT Forever confirmed to return to Walt Disney World for a third time in April 2023

Jan 10, 2023 in "Epcot Forever"

Posted: Tuesday January 10, 2023 9:06am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney has announced that "EPCOT Forever" will return to Walt Disney World as an interim show on April 3 2023.

Harmonious will have its final performance on April 2 2023.

Originally developed as an interim show to be performed between Reflections of Earth and Harmonious, EPCOT Forever requires little specific hardware in the lagoon, relying primarily on mobile launch platforms that can be brought out into the lagoon each day.

The first version of EPCOT Forever that debuted on October 1 2019 featured fireworks and stunt kites. and played until Walt Disney World's closure in 2020. The show resumed on July 1 2021 as firework shows returned to Walt Disney World after the pandemic shutdown. The second version dropped the stunt kites, but added more fireworks in their place. Its last performance was September 28 2021, making way for Harmonious on September 29.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

Squishy12 hours ago

I'm surprised Luminous hasn't moved to 9:15 or 9:30, there is a bit of daylight still visible at 9.

TheMaxRebo12 hours ago

Guess we (or at least they) will find out this summer as it is Diet Epcot for months

Brian13 hours ago

Technical issues.

Starship82413 hours ago

I don't the drone show has anything to do with it, probably to do with the Sunset is my guess.

monothingie13 hours ago

Luminous started 10-12 minutes late today. Not sure if it was technical or daylight or not to conflict with the drone show.

wbostic1214 days ago

I know there was some talk about the soundtrack being redone late in the game, but were any more details released about what that entailed? I know shows like the original WOC were changed an enormous amount, is this the same case here, or were there only small soundtrack adjustments that also coincided with slower than expected barge construction (as I remember, the center barge only arrived 2 days prior to the premiere). Any insight on this @wdwmagic?

ToTBellHop15 days ago

The melody is the buh BUH buuuuuuuh buuh that plays every 24 seconds at the front of the park. They just didn’t create lyrics that could accompany it like HEA has. If you’d like, you can sing “go spend moooooooney” along with those notes every time you hear them.

llewmmu15 days ago

After listening to the original tracks a hundred times since they became available, I realized something odd. For being a show with the tagline "The Symphony of Us", I can't make out a discernible melody. I can remember the lryics and how they're sung, but you know how you know the melody for Happily Ever After or ROE or Fantasmic? I couldn't remember there being any for this show. And to make sure I wasn't crazy, I used a tool to (mostly) remove the vocals from Beating of Our Hearts and It's just really, how do I put this, bland? The music doesn't feel composed with any sort of thought, just created with the goal of filling its place; like how Junkie XL's movie scores are composed. It doesn't sound bad, but it just doesn't have an identity. I don't know if this happened because of the recomposition that was executive mandated at the last hour but it's just so odd especially for a Disney fireworks show. (I can post some other tracks if people really want to hear them, but they aren't any better and I didn't want to spam this thread with a bunch of blank videos.)

Chef idea Mickey`=15 days ago

Mmm Striving to be so much that it has a pause gap in which people who didn't get or liked Illumination's ROE critiqued the sections that had no fireworks. Luminous is about Human Life so that alone isn't a show that makes you say it celebrates or represents Epcot but goes 50%. Luminous is a kind or show with message that unlike ROE could be moved to Animal Kingdom or Sea World of course removing the Disney IP music and no one would ever think that was an Epcot show or original music for Epcot Only... We Go On has that Epcot voices of Liberty touch that is significantly disney and the main singer's voice Kellie Coffey on that and "Promise" is a force to be reckon with just like Epcot is supposed to be.

Chef idea Mickey`=15 days ago

WELL..That's out of the conclusion because I just found my Harmonious Sprite Jersey and Pin 😁😂 ooh watch out! 🤣🤣🤣

Chef idea Mickey`=15 days ago

Chef idea Mickey`=15 days ago

As if hearing You'll Be in My Heart and Friend Like Me and I see the light AGAIN like will do the trick...🙄 If they want that then there's only two scenarios bring back Illumination's ROE in some form, and bring in elements from Epcot Forever to it or vice versa!

pigglewiggle15 days ago

Maybe reservations at restaurants are down in Epcot because people choose to eat/graze at the festival booths, which are there a lot. I know we do that.

TTA9415 days ago

Curious about this to. Luminous isn’t a bad show but I doubt it’s up to HEA popularity and I assume that’s something they’ve been wanting for Epcot but struggle to achieve.