Tile roofs, mosaic accents, arched windows and doorways, and shady courtyards and patios highlight Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, located on the west side of World Drive near Blizzard Beach water adventure park. The resort is Disney’s first moderately priced convention hotel, featuring a 220,000-square-foot convention center with meeting and exhibit space and one of the largest hotel ballrooms in the southeast.
- Opening Date: August 1, 1997 for the first phase of 830 rooms, phase 2 of 300 rooms opened August 6 1997, and phase 3 of 837 rooms opened November 14 1997
- Acreage: 125 acres
- Resort Area: Animal Kingdom
- Resort Category: Moderate
- Address: 1000 West Buena Vista Drive; Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-1000
- Phone: (407) 939-1000
- Fax: (407) 939-1001
- Resort Map
Number of Rooms: The complex has 1,967 rooms and suites in three villages (Casitas, Ranchos, and Cabanas) around Lago Dorado, a 15-acre lake
Room Types and Sizes
Standard View, Water View, Junior Double Suite with Sico bed (sleeps 6), One bedroom suite with Sico or king bed (sleeps 4-6), Executive two bedroom suite (sleeps 6).
Casitas - 3 and 4 story buildings themed after urban areas of the Southwestern United States (such as Santa Fe) and Mexico (such as Monterrey). View photos.
Ranchos - 2 and 3 story buildings themed after dry, rural desert ranchland regions of the Southwestern United States. View photos.
Cabanas - 2 story buildings on the side of a beach themed after the beachside resorts located along the coastal regions of Mexico. View photos.
Check In/Check Out: Check in 3:00 PM, check out 11:00 AM
Business Center: Located in the El Centro Lobby (7am-7pm)
Room Types and Sizes
Rooms accommodate 2-4 people, choice between one king sized or two double beds, non smoking rooms available, irons, ironing boards, coffee maker, hairdryer, and in room safe in each room, Hi-speed internet access, disabled accessible rooms available
Pepper Market Food Court located in El Centro (6am-10:30 am; 11am-11pm).
Featuring rotisserie chicken, burgers, pizza, pasta, and a bakery.
A 10% gratuity is automatically added to all bills when dining at the Pepper Market.
Cafe Rix (6am-12am)
Grab and go market featuring sandwiches, salads, bakery items, bottled beverages
Laguna Bar (11:30am-12:30am)
Lakeside bar located outside El Centro
Siesta's Cantina (11:00am-6pm)
Poolside bar and grill.
Maya Grill (7am-11am; 5:00pm-10:00pm)
Featuring grilled beef, seafood, poultry and desserts.
In Room Dining (7am-11pm)
Rix Lounge (5pm-2am)
Featuring full bar, entertainment, and appetizers. Nightly DJ. Dress code after 9pm- Men: Khakis, slacks, dress jeans, collared shirts. Sport coats are optional.
Ladies: Capris, skirts, dresses, dress jeans.
NOT permitted in dining room: Tank tops, swimwear, hats for gentleman, cut offs, or torn clothing.
Refillable Mugs: Disney Rapid Fill Drink Mugs are sold at Food Courts and Quick Service Restaurants at all Walt Disney World Resort hotels, and can be used at any resort self-service beverage location. The prices of the mugs vary based on Guest preference for number of days for refills. A day consists of one calendar day, and additional days are consecutive. Learn more about Rapid Fill refillable mugs.
Three heated pools located in the Casitas (view Casitas pool photos), Ranchos (view Ranchos pool photos), Cabanas (view Cabanas pool photos) areas, and The Dig Site feature pool (view Dig Site photos).
The Dig Site pool is 120ftx90ft containing 272912 gallons of water. The Jaguar waterslide that splashes down into the Dig Site pool is 123ft long and just over 16ft tall. The centerpiece of the Dig Site pool is the 50ft tall Mayan Pyramid
Health and Fitness
La Vida Health Club: Open 24 hours, attendant available from 6:00am-9:00pm. Massage, facial, and body treatment services available.
Casa de Belleza hairstyling salon - hair styling, permanents, colorings, foiling, make-up, nail services, facials, and waxing.
Jumping Beans Arcade located in the El Centro building or at the Iguana Arcade
next to the feature pool at the Dig Site
playground located at The Dig Site. View photos
Kayak, canopy boat or Mercury WaterMouse available for rent on a seasonal basis at La Marina (view photos
A .9-mile trail around Lago Dorado.
Located near the Dig Site pool. View photos
Rent a bike or surrey. (10am-5pm)
- Meeting facilities- 95,000 square feet of flexible function space
- Additional 25,000 square feet of pre-function space
- Largest hotel ballroom in the Southeast at 60,214 square feet
- 45 breakout rooms
- Permanent registration counters, dedicated Business Center and Meeting Planner Offices
- High-speed and Wireless (Wi-Fi) Internet access throughout
- 86,000 Square Foot Exhibit Hall (Opened Spring 2005)
- Divisble into three sections with 14' x 14' and 21' x 21' overhead doors
- Power on 30' x 60' grid plus air, water and drains in columns
- Six loading docks
- 23' ceiling with structural truss hang points at 22'
- 15,000 square feet of pre-function space
- State-of-the-art technology including Wi-Fi and high-speed Internet access
- Four dedicated Meeting Planner offices
Panchitos gifts and Sundries
located in El Centro (8am-11pm)
Stops are in the following locations -
- El Centro
- Casitas - across from Casitas 4
- Ranchos - between Ranchos 7B and Cabanas 8A
- Ranchos - by Ranchos 7A