Glowing lights added to Walt Disney World monorails for the 50th anniversary

Sep 30, 2021 in "Walt Disney World Monorail System"

Posted: Thursday September 30, 2021 8:12am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Walt Disney World monorails have an all new glowing lighting effect for "The World's Most Magical Celebration."

Each monorail has been equipped with underside lighting, matching the trains color.

The lighting effect will remain throughout the 18 month 50th anniversary celebration of Walt Disney World.

Watch the video below for a look at monorail blue and monorail green passing through EPCOT. (4K YouTube version)

helenabear3 days ago

That's pretty awesome. I totally creeped a friend out adding them to a Snow White once. I use photoshop for work but it's also a lot of fun to play with.

Anteater3 days ago

Had to add my SIL to a family reunion photo a while ago. Much fun ensued as I annoyed my MIL by placing my SIL's face on random people in the photo. 🤣

helenabear3 days ago

Truth! Though we made the comments even last summer that it looks better in photos even without an edit. I still don't like the coloring though but it does look good in pics comparatively

Anteater3 days ago

Nothing that Photoshop can't fix!

helenabear3 days ago

In person it looks pretty pink still. Just photographs better than it looks IMO.

JoeCamel3 days ago

Eventually.....

Brian4 days ago

They'll probably just let the sun bleach out the pink to match the original grey/white. Why pay a crew to paint it when mother nature will do it for free?

LittleBuford4 days ago

Mercifully, the pink seems to have faded a bit anyway, at least if the photos are anything to go by. I still think they should darken the blue to better match the original concept art, which I for one really liked.

HauntedPirate4 days ago

#GetRidOfThePink I can get behind that. :)

ToTBellHop4 days ago

Just pull a Sorcerer Wand at Epcot and write “Magic Kingdom” or, to be safer, “Disney” in the medallion.

Squishy4 days ago

Maybe they'll get lazy and just replace the 50th medallion with a 100

ToTBellHop4 days ago

I don’t believe that’s the plan but it won’t look very pink by then…

Father Robinson4 days ago

Anyone have any insight as to whether or not they will repaint the castle and get rid of the pink after the 50th celebration is over?

disneyC976 days ago

My family still laughs about this…after the first time watching other guests lean in and then jump in their seats! 😂