Current Magical Express operator to begin its own Mears Connect service January 2022

Apr 08, 2021 in "Disney Magical Express"

Posted: Thursday April 8, 2021 1:10pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Mears Transportation, the third party operator of the existing Disney Magical Express, will offer its own service when Magical Express ends this year.

Mears Connect will launch in January 2022 and will serve Orlando International Airport and the Disney resort area. Reservations can be made starting May 2021, although not pricing information is yet available.

Disney has previously announced its plans to end Magical Express airport transportation at the end of 2021. In a statement, Disney said: "Vacationers have more options to choose from than ever for transportation, including ride-share services that save time and offer more flexibility to go where they want, when they want. In light of this shift, when Disney Resort hotel bookings open for stays in 2022, we will no longer offer Disney’s Magical Express service for airport transportation, starting with arrivals Jan. 1, 2022. We will continue to operate the service for new and existing reservations made at Disney Resort hotels for arrivals throughout 2021. Additionally, complimentary transportation options – such as buses, monorails and Disney Skyliner – will continue to be available within Walt Disney World Resort for Disney Resort hotel guests, including to and from all four theme parks."

Disney’s Magical Express service did reopen from the COVID-19 shutdown in mid-July, but has not been providing luggage delivery service for those arriving to and departing from the airport.

Magical Express was launched back in 2005, and quickly became a popular option for guests staying at Walt Disney World Resort hotels, often saving guests hundreds of dollars on transportation costs.

mattpeto18 days ago

Mears Connect changed wording from May to "Summer 2021". https://www.mearsconnect.com/ Looks like we have to wait a little bit on pricing.

Sirwalterraleigh19 days ago

Nope...they’ll move on...and I bet you’ll pay and get there all the same 💰

bjlc5719 days ago

i heard the lines for the magical express were over an hour this week.. Disney is SHOOTIING THEMSELVES IN THE FOOT.. stop now.. stop the bleeding.. change your mind on this issue Disney..

CastAStone19 days ago

That will run a handful of times a day to a terminal near but not in Disney Springs and will only be convenient if you happen to land near one of those times, and convenience is probably overselling it because you’ll still need to get from Disney Springs to your resort and the resort buses aren’t designed to carry luggage. It’s intended to carry people to Disney World from Miami, not MCO. Mears bus service will be a better option for virtually everyone.

SteveBrickNJ19 days ago

Was THIS ever discussed? * *

Jrb1979Apr 15, 2021

I wouldn't pay that price either for an express pass at Universal. Here's the thing for me. When I go to any parks and not just Disney I look for deals to get in. I never go to Florida parks in the summer ever as that's when it costs the most. I go to Florida parks in January or February. Universal usually does a buy 2 days get 2 days free which makes the ticket cost about $60 a day. The only other parks I go to are Cedar Fair parks which I have a platinum pass for and it costs me $200 for the year.

Dutch Inn '76Apr 15, 2021

$100-125 isn't "reasonable at all," but you're willing to "show up and buy an express pass and ride whatever" you want. Do that today at USO and it'll cost you $229.99. I'm confused. ;)

RSoxNo1Apr 14, 2021

Personally, I really only have objections to what's being done in EPCOT. Sure, mistakes have been made in the other parks, but EPCOT is really what's objectionable to me.

JoeCamelApr 14, 2021

Mears does, no luggage but Disney wasn't paying $10-$15 for your luggage handling either, welcome to the new world order where all costs are outfront and there is no opt out.

unmitigated disasterApr 14, 2021

Jungle Cruise is different at Disneyland. I don't get why Disney can't offer the Magical Express as a paid option. An extra $10 or $15 bucks a person? Yeah, the luggage alone makes that worth it for me.

UNCgolfApr 14, 2021

Yeah, we got a bit off topic here. Magical Express was irrelevant to me personally, though. Never used it.

runnsallyApr 14, 2021

The Lansky car seats were the only negative of our last DL trip.

note2001Apr 14, 2021

... but there's no Magical Express in California. :eek:

UNCgolfApr 14, 2021

I'm not planning to skip it -- just planning to spend half a day there. Can't see how I'd need more than that when there are only two or maybe three attractions I'd want to ride. Doesn't take that long to walk around and explore everything if you're not waiting in line.