'Pin Traders and Camera Center' area beneath Spaceship Earth closing for several weeks as concrete work continues at EPCOT'S main entrance

Apr 16, 2021 in "Pin Traders and Camera Center"

Pin Traders and Camera Center area closing - April 2021
Posted: Friday April 16, 2021 9:35am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

The area around 'Pin Traders and Camera Center' beneath EPCOT'S Spaceship Earth will be closing for several weeks as replacement of the old pink-colored concrete continues.

The closure of the area, including the Pin Traders and Camera Center store begins Monday April 19 2021, and is planned to continue for the remainder of the month and into early May.

Walls have been up in the center area as work continues on continuing the new concrete design from the main entrance area into the area beneath Spaceship Earth. The eastern side has already been completed.

During the work, Pin Trading merchandise is moving to Gateway Gifts directly opposite, and PhotoPass will move to the Stroller rental area near to Gateway Gifts.

JustInTime9 hours ago

Wow. The lights ok SSE are incredible

Gringrinngghost12 hours ago

The first photo shows in the tweet that the Side LEDS are covered in a yellow phosphor based gel. Just looking at this, the side lights, I would be surprised to see as RGB as there isn't even anything indicating RGBW as it would be a half and half. But the lens gives me the impression that they are using a Cree/Luxeon Star style light on the sides. To Surmise, I fully believe the sides are Cool White LEDS only, and the center is RGBW in cool white, unless it's a 2 package deal thats running Bicolor LEDs with the RGBLEDs.

FutureCEO14 hours ago

I think of this scene whenever Disney mentions beacons lighting up and whenever Oct 1st rolls around.

wdwmagic18 hours ago

Yes as far as I know they are all RGB.

jrhwdw18 hours ago

I believe the whole SSE is RGB?

Gringrinngghost18 hours ago

Shame the sides are only cool while LED and not RGB but alas.

jagiord118 hours ago

Wow, that's pretty magical.

ImperfectPixie21 hours ago

If this is what they have in mind, and the LEDs aren't on all the time, I could actually grow to really love this.

jrhwdw22 hours ago

New Photo from Zach! Saw it on Twitter from That Other Site. Maybe we don't need the flood lights anymore??? Pretty!!! Cant wait for 2 weeks!!! Unless SSE/Harm soft opens right after EF's last night???

ImperfectPixie22 hours ago

This will never get old for me. Ever. (ETA: I didn't edit this photo at all.)

Supernova22 hours ago

I hope they do away with it. I think it looks really dated.

MisterPenguin22 hours ago

I'd pay good money for the opportunity to take a hammer to those orange floods. Orange lighting looks horrible (to me). Looks like SSE is constantly celebrating Halloween.

Father Robinson23 hours ago