Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin remains open but moves all operations to the Swan

Mar 17, 2020 in "Walt Disney World Swan Resort"

The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort plans to remain open during the closure of the Walt Disney World theme parks, but is modifying its operations.

The Dolphin wing will be closed, with all guests accommodated in the Swan wing. Dining will be available at Il Mulino Trattoria and Java.

Here is the latest info from the hotel:

In order to better serve our guests during the temporary closure of Walt Disney World Theme Parks, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin will shift all reservations and operations to the Walt Disney World Swan wing. Guests will have access to modified seating, full-service or take-out dining at Il Mulino Trattoria, quick-service dining options at Java, as well as access to the health club, the resort's five pools, white sand beach and other resort amenities.

For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more restrictive, we will allow full changes or cancellation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival, as long as the change or cancellation is made by April 30, 2020. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences.

For guests making new reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates, between today and April 30, 2020, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date. Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.

For guests departing prior to scheduled departure date, between today and April 30, 2020, we will allow the reservation to be changed with no penalty.

Article Posted: Mar 17, 2020 / 2:23pm ET

hopemax5 hours ago

This sounds very much like my Dad's friends situation. The son brought it in, even though he was super careful. Both son, his parents, and the other person in my Dad's friend circle have diabetes, obesity and the same sort of age range. Thankfully, everyone only ended up with mild symptoms, so I hope the case will be the same for your family. Have you tried the smell test? It seems like it has turned out to be a pretty reliable symptom, better than temperature checks. So make yourselves some bacon and coffee and if you keep smelling it, that's a good sign. I know it will be hard, but try not to stress too much. I got an ear infection late last month, and the first indication was a fever. I freaked myself out, but the fever went away after 24 hours without ever going above 100.4, and once the ear pain/pressure started and I knew what it was and could relax a little. But it's stressful, wondering in the back of your mind what's going to happen.

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad6 hours ago

*tight hug* Vent anytime.

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad6 hours ago

Most pharmacies in my area give them. My sister in Southern IN (JayC, a Kroger company) and the local independently-owned pharmacy down the street both give them (our town was about 3700 ppl last census). Additionally, my husband's rhumatologist provides his and my kids usually get theirs from the pediatrician (when my sister isn't sticking them). I can also get them from my local health dept. Point being: There are numerous other options for getting a flu shot that doesn't involve visiting a traditional medical setting or sitting in a waiting room. At least in the US, that is.

Chomama6 hours ago

I live in publix country and this is the first I have heard of it! Now I have to go hunting for potato salad tomorrow

RSoxNo16 hours ago

Isn't this citing an article that the CDC has since said was a draft and not meant for public consumption?

oceanbreeze779 hours ago

Best wishes to your family. Hopefully the 2 weeks passes by in the blink of an eye and nothing happens. And I am sending good vibes that your son comes out one of the lucky ones.

Chip Chipperson9 hours ago

I hope he gets better soon and you and your husband stay healthy.

sullivan.kscott9 hours ago

As others have said, best wishes and outcomes to you and your family.

JoeCamel9 hours ago

Won't be the same, you have to get it fresh

sullivan.kscott9 hours ago

If I pay you for shipping and dry ice, will you send me some of their loaded baked potato salad with that $10 🤣? If there’s one thing this family misses from living in Publix country! 🙃

GoofGoof9 hours ago

Hope all works out well. I know it’s totally anecdotal and every situation varies, but my co-worker has an adult brother who tested positive and still lives at home with his parents. They were really worried he may have infected his parents, but neither tested positive or had any symptoms despite living in the same house. His brother just had mild symptoms and recovered fully.

Flugell9 hours ago

Thanks JoeCamel and Imperfect Pixie. Of course I’ll let you know results and severity or not of infections. Your kindness has definitely made me feel better and just a little more optimistic. I knew there was kindness and compassion on this forum!

sullivan.kscott9 hours ago

Yeah, I usually wait until November or December, but I just wanted the extra layer early and wanted to beat the October rush by a couple days. A lot of the pharmacies (all?) inside of grocery stores and warehouse clubs are also distribution sites. DW and I were in Target anyway, so ...

ImperfectPixie9 hours ago

I hope your tests come back negative and that your son only has a mild case...and for the best outcomes for all.