Latest look at the new Disney Vacation Club tower construction site at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort

21 days ago in "Disney's Polynesian Villas and Bungalows"

Disney Vacation Club tower construction - November 14 2022
Posted: Monday November 14, 2022 10:35am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Here is a quick look from this morning at the construction site for the upcoming Disney Vacation Club tower at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort.

Although the main site doesn't look much different from our last update a couple of weeks ago, one notable sign of progress is the relocation of the large mature banyan tree.

The tree was lifted from its site near the water to a new location close to one of the buildings.

The new DVC tower at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort has a planned opening in 2024.

helenabear5 days ago

We'll be there in March too! Totally opposite end of the resort so you'll be removed no matter what. I used to live in the city and found a good white noise machine or fan helps. Compared to NYC 46th st, these horns are nothing! Just a helpful hint. Also double check the sliding door is tight. You can hear them softly in Pago Pago too if you like the sound. This is one of the best noise machines I've tried. And I have tried a bunch

CastAStone5 days ago

I just use the BetterSleep app on my phone for white noise. Set it to “heavy rain” which is one of the free options. Perfect.

Ayla6 days ago

Get a travel-sized white noise machine. It has made an amazing difference for me when I travel.

CaptainAmerica6 days ago

Yeah I don't expect any of the existing DVC buildings to notice any construction noise for the length of this project.

pdude816 days ago

In some rooms I have barely noticed them and others they woke me up. Not sure of the how and why but good luck!

DisneyDreamer086 days ago

Yes, I’ve heard about the ferry horns. My 7 year old is not the best sleeper so hopefully we can request a box fan to block out some of the noise 😂

dreday36 days ago

I loooove hearing the boat horns from our room at the various resorts. It's one of the things we really missed when staying at Gran Destino. Can't wait to be back at Beach Club next year and hear the Friendship boats!

pdude816 days ago

Lake view is as far away from the construction as you can be. However you do get the joy of the late night ferry horns to make up for it :). All in all I really like the Moorea building and laundry is in there if that matters to you.

DisneyDreamer086 days ago

This is good to hear. We are staying at the Poly for the first time in March. We rented DVC- studio lake view. I know a lot can change between now and then but we’re hoping the construction doesn’t effect things too much.

JoeCamel6 days ago

Disstevefan16 days ago

They can sure can get something done when they want to.

jerseygirl296 days ago

I stayed on the Poly DVC side from Nov 13-19. We had two afternoons at the Oasis pool, and walked around the resort a few times throughout the week - We didn't hear a thing! The only reason we knew there was construction was because we had read about it online prior to our stay - lots of articles, and keeping up with this thread for weeks lol - and we saw the giant piles of dirt from the monorail. 🤪 So glad we got in before the noise starts!

DCBaker11 days ago

Epcot82Guy19 days ago

I think I still have my set of construction pins from that!