Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser quickly sells out for many of the remaining dates

May 26, 2023 in "Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser"

Posted: Friday May 26, 2023 2:04pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

With Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to a permanent close at the end of September 2023, demand for the remaining dates appears to be strong.

Fans who were previously undecided or perhaps waiting for further price drops are now taking the plunge and making reservations.

August and September 2023 are now sold out, according to the latest availability calender, with just two voyages remaining in early July. Availability improves in the near future, with twelve dates currently available during May and June.

Disney reopened bookings this morning for the final voyages aboard the Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser after Disney made the surprise announcement earlier this month that Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser would close after operating for just over a year.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

TheIceBaron2 hours ago

That always got me about their surveys, I went to Disney a bunch when StarCruiser was open but on the post-visit surveys I got, they asked if I had booked a StarCruiser stay as well. And after saying no, I didn’t receive any other StarCruiser questions. Not even like a why not? Which boggles my mind why wouldn’t you ask someone who visited Disney multiple times in a year why they didn’t go on the StarCruiser or if they even heard of it. Doesn’t it make more sense to survey people who decided to pass on even trying your product? Rather than just get confirmation bias from people who did go? I’m not saying you can game a survey to tell your manager it’s not your fault but…… After watching Jenny’s video however, I just hope Disney doesn’t gaslight themselves into thinking the problem is simply “people didn’t understand it.”

Fido Chuckwagon2 hours ago

Wow. She is really good at what she does.

Fido Chuckwagon2 hours ago

Or conversely, if the price point was a lot lower, I think this also would have done just fine. Per her video the single biggest problem was the fact that she was paying $2 per person per minute for a mediocre experience. Her biggest single fail was the tech fail, and I feel like if they could have fixed that (which they probably would have over time), and had priced this reasonably, it would have been a success. I still don’t understand how they couldn’t price this lower. Also per her video, do you really think that they were paying those actors huge salaries?

Incomudro2 hours ago

I just watched segments of Jenny's video last night. Excellent work. Of the myriad of spot on things she said, I liked "Things have value." This was one of my arguments from the start. Even people with money to burn, know the value of money. They know what they should get for a given level of expenditure. They know what $6,000 in accommodations, food, service and drinks should bring them.

Nubs7014 hours ago

My company uses Glint as an independent third party for customer satisfaction surveys.

Animaniac93-9815 hours ago

Forbes, The Independent and other outlets have published articles related to the video too Also somewhat relevant is Jenny's skepticism about the "highest guest satisfaction" claim

Nubs7017 hours ago

NPR picked it up Saturday.

ChrisFL1 day ago

Sadly, the larger the organization, the more challenging it is to keep quality among all levels of departments/management. This isn't to make excuses for Disney at all, just something that tends to happen. It could have been a department head who is more aware of social media/"influencers" (a term I hate when used in the wrong context) contacted a different department head about the situation. But no, it should not have happened AT ALL. The lack of photographers was the more glaringly obvious issue IMO.

asianway1 day ago

“So do washing machines” - Art Smith

MrPromey1 day ago

My son's sixth grade art teacher this year graded on end results. Didn't matter how much effort any of those kids put into their projects if they messed up the assignment or didn't properly use the technique they were taught. If a sixth grader in an elective art class isn't getting a participation trophy, I'm not sure why anyone at Imagineering feels they deserve one when working to create "world class" experiences.

MrPromey1 day ago

Hopefully the "they took my money and then literally didn't deliver, twice on things I paid extra for on my $6k stay, saying there was nothing they could do to correct the situation or refund until they discovered I was an influencer and then 'magically' it all got fixed" is something they in particular took note of. They may not be able to do a lot with what went wrong with Star Cruiser but not ripping off their customers is something they could work on. There was a time, that kind of response to a legitimate issue would have been unthinkable and honestly, what was shocking to me today with this company isn't how they refused to do anything becasue I basically expect that but how quickly and seemingly easily they did fix it when they realized the PR implications of who they were dealing with... and I love that she completely called them out for that BS anyway because she's 100% right, you shouldn't have to be an "influencer" to get basic customer service. Perfectly encapsulates the culture of contempt that management has for their customers that they don't give normal guest relations the ability to fix things like this anymore.

V_L_Raptor1 day ago

Well. "Acting out" only if the game mechanism lets you do something, but that's not guaranteed at all.

Fido Chuckwagon1 day ago

The video has 4.8 million views as of today. It’s a good video.

asianway1 day ago

Reminds me of spirit saying the place is being held up by government employees and SSD