Permits filed for Set Installation at Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser

May 13, 2020 in "Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser"

Posted: Wednesday May 13, 2020 2:11pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Although construction has mostly come to a halt at Walt Disney World, permits continue to be approved, with the latest being for Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser.

The permit is for "Fabrication and Installation of Sets" and was signed May 13 2020, valid through to late January 2022. Of course, this does not indicate imminent start of work, and it isn't clear on the timeline of when the permit was applied for.

The contractor is Adirondack Scenic, who has done previous work for Disney including Frozen Ever After, Na'Vi River Journey and Morimoto Asia.

Disney had previously announced Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will open in 2021 following reservations beginning in 2020 - but that timeline has now very likely shifted as a result of COVID-19.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

Mickey's Pal9 hours ago

No. Brickey's video is not good. In anyway.

Mickey's Pal9 hours ago

I have seen this myself and its a PERFECT EXAMPLE of why this thing was awful from someone who actually went to it.

MrPromey1 day ago

Yeah, she should have put a link in the video description but he was one of the very first comments: It was just funny because she queued it up completely dry and straight-faced without commentary and then after was like "so as you can see, the bathrooms were themed" and then moves right along like those few seconds weren't pure out-of-context insanity.

Disstevefan11 day ago

That bathroom scene is part of a great YouTube video, that creator went on the Starcruiser and made a short movie on the Starcruiser, its very good. I will try to find the link,

MrPromey1 day ago

I'd say she's just a passionate entertainment enthusiast in general (the majority of her videos are theme parks and movies) and a fairly serious Star Wars fan. Here's a funny 2 minute video of her just freaking out over everything with her first experience on Rise where it's running in A mode and all the effects are working... so it's not like she's negatively biased. You should check out her older videos - Most are an hour or less in length... though she has one on Evermore that's just about as long as this one and it's just as interesting in a train wreak sort of way. Personally, I watch most stuff on 2x speed. I watch her on 1.25-1.5 because she'll throw blink-and-you-miss-it stuff in there and in this case, that whole bathroom scene is even more confusing if you don't hear the like three word setup for it. 🤣

Disstevefan11 day ago

This found its way into my recommendations. I watched it. In my opinion, it was a fair and balanced report by a passionate LARPer who can obviously can afford the Starcruiser,

celluloid2 days ago

The Starcruiser proved that some had little value for money or time. But still not enough for it to be as bad as it was.

MrPromey2 days ago

what an obtuse observation. 😘

Animaniac93-982 days ago

After what Jenny's done, I see no reason for a Defunctland video. Now 10-15 years from now, a Bright Sun Films abandoned video on the building itself would be good.

Phil122 days ago

It's obvious now that time holds little valve for some people.

MrPromey2 days ago

And if you've ever watched any of her videos before, you know she goes into every theme park experience with full enthusiasm. Somewhere in this video she quips about how the upside to bad experiences is good content but that's never what she's after.

brb10062 days ago

I'm only 2 hours into the video and it's currently the only Galactic Starcruiser content that caught my interest until the future Defunctland episode.

MrPromey3 days ago

I would take a bullet for Jenny Nicholson. EDITED to add: Just completed the four hour and five minute video and I think I'd take two bullets for her. Starting with time stamp 3:48 (that's hour 3 and 48 minutes in) forward, she articulates some sentiments a lot of us have expressed with Disney and the Florida property in general but I think she does a particularly good job of using aspects of this trip to illustrate them... and the Spirit Airline comparison near the beginning of the video feels spot on.

Disstevefan113 days ago