Walt Disney World salaried Cast Members to be paid through to April 18

Mar 30, 2020 in "The Walt Disney Company"

Disney announced late last week that its domestic theme parks, which include both Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Disneyland Resort in California, will remain closed until further notice due to the impacts of the coronavirus.

In the original statement, Disney confirmed that the company will continue to pay its "hourly" Cast Members through April 18 2020. We now understand from sources familiar with the situation that the company will also be continuing to pay its salaried Cast Members through to the same April 18 2020 date. It isn't clear yet what will happen beyond that date.

Article Posted: Mar 30, 2020 / 4:28pm ET

BrianLo4 minutes ago

I'm going out on a limb that the cruise industry can't resume until they can ask for proof of vaccination (and have their crew vaccinated). Or near to it. I still expect at least one more delay, maybe with half-hearted attempts to resume May 1 or real attempts July 1.

DisneyDebRob16 minutes ago

After reading your post I thought immediately of one of my favorite concert DVD’s from the Talking Heads..”Stop Making Sense”.

MisterPenguin21 minutes ago

Hey. Remember when people belittled catching COVID because you need a certain imagined viral load and you're probably not going to reach that threshold regularly? Now, that may be true, but the 'novel' in the 'novel coronavirus' meant no one could know yet what the viral load is needed to get infected. Well, anyway.... if positivity and number of cases is spiking everywhere, then your chance of hitting that viral load threshold (whatever it is) has just increased. Be outside in a crowd of 100 people and not worry if one person has COVID? Sure, take that risk. Now, would you take that risk if 12 of them had COVID? The number of times one gets exposed -- because more and more are infected -- the more likely you get it. That's why a "mask all the time" policy is necessary. Viral load is doubling, tripling, quadrupling...

DisneyDebRob42 minutes ago

I have to admit that over the last 8-9 months I have been enjoying my space. When someone is within 10 feet I’m giving them the eye. 🙂 Little exaggeration there but you know what I mean I would not mind that at all. Just me and the shrubbery folks(Monty Python) floating around the place.

Sirwalterraleigh46 minutes ago

You mean if they both looked like that when only custodial/horticulture is trolling around in the middle of the night??

DisneyDebRob47 minutes ago

Ok, now I would go.

Sirwalterraleigh47 minutes ago

I don’t think it’s a forgone conclusion that people HAVE to disagree In my years swimming the “ocean” of internet disfandom...I’ve often noticed common ground and changes to people and their takes over the years. It’s a sign of maturity/wisdom...more ears and less vocal cords often works.

Sirwalterraleigh49 minutes ago

I assume it means: 1. Don’t go into spaces in crowds unprotected. 2. Avoid places with crowds that aren’t necessary to be in.

DisneyCane52 minutes ago

You're welcome! Maybe things are going to get better in the world. First, I had several agreements with @GoofGoof yesterday and now today we've had a cordial exchange! :) Anybody that has read a lot of my posts would certainly conclude that on their own. I wanted to be up front and clear for anybody who hasn't since I was commenting that not very many Trump supporters would actually refuse a vaccine out of spite over an election result.

DisneyDebRob54 minutes ago

It’s coming.. just wait a few seconds.

DisneyDebRob58 minutes ago

No need to tell us to buckle up. I’ve been in restraints the last 4 years that puts RoR restraints to shame.

Sirwalterraleigh1 hour ago

Every thing is tedious/tired at this point. Every person...every opinion...the facts...the complete crap. It’s all tired. We all are in the line and the line forms right behind me. However...the actual numbers are what are really tired today when talking about travel and amusement parks...really tired.

wdwmagic1 hour ago

As a reminder again, this is not a general political thread - there is an entire section for that. Please try to remain on topic. Thanks

SamusAranX1 hour ago

yes, because for the most part, people in this thread have been cordial and respectful in discussing COVID, strategies, and so on. throwing the stupid politics in it is like a molotov cocktail