Disney Cruise Line extends suspension of all departures through April and select Disney Magic and Disney Wonder sailings in May

Jan 27, 2021 in "The Walt Disney Company"

Disney Cruise Line has today extended the suspension of all departures through April and select Disney Magic and Disney Wonder sailings in May 2021.

Here is the full update from Disney Cruise Line.

Article Posted: Jan 27, 2021 / 11:12am ET

MotherofaPrincessLover1 day ago

I did the same thing for last December. I was still hoping to cruise but then devised a backup plan. Obviously that backup plan had to be used.

KCheatle1 day ago

We are scheduled to cruise in July. Originally, it was the 9-day, then they canceled that and offered one 3-day followed by a 6-day, so we signed up for those. I'm remaining optimistic, but I am 90% sure they will be canceled. :( Because I am a super Type-A planner, my anxiety level was a tad high :oops: with all of this uncertainty. I did not want to admit this cruise/disney trip was not happening, but the ostrich approach was not making me feel very good. I finally told my husband that I needed to come up with a concrete and equally desirable plan B so that, if and when they cancel, we are not left high and dry on the vacation-front and I did not feel too bummed. So, now I have my "Best Case Scenario": go to WDW for a few days followed by the 2 cruises, and also my back up plan if the cruises are canceled. Now, no matter what, I like my options, and my anxiety level has deceased tremendously. ;)

MotherofaPrincessLover1 day ago

I remember when all of this started I was so glad my cruise wasn't until December (2020). Man things changed.

EOD K92 days ago

I'm already preparing for my August cruise to get canceled.

NelleBelle6 days ago

After reading this update, I actually have a niggle of a worry that cruising won't be "back to normal" for my DH's 50th bday in 3 years. He wants to have our entire family take a cruise somewhere (maybe the Med). I'm thinking there will likely be some form of something if Disney isn't even doing an Alaska cruise until 2022.

Disstevefan16 days ago

Good point. And let’s look on the bright side, in general all sanitary process and procedures will be heightened as a result protecting from COVID and should be less ship borne illnesses of all kinds as a result. Ok I am back “on board” for cruising for now 😀, I will keep an eye on several trips once they are cruising again before I “dip my toe” in..... OK I will stop now 😀

MansionButler846 days ago

The flu pandemic occurred after the Titanic sank. If there were luxury cruises before and after that, the same will be the case with this.

Disstevefan16 days ago

To me, cruising in these days of COVID is scary. Could it still happen that an “infected” ship is disallowed to dock at a given port, having to go to another port or just sit in the water in quarantine etc? Will cruising ever go back to what it was like pre COVID? I hope so but I think not.

DCBaker6 days ago

"Disney Cruise Line Coronavirus (COVID-19) Travel Alert February 24, 2021 Disney Cruise Line Extends Suspension of All Departures Through May 2021 and Disney Magic Sailings Through August 10 Our team at Disney Cruise Line remains focused on the health and well-being of our Guests and team members. We are carefully preparing for a return to service following the guidelines issued by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). As we continue to refine our protocols and await further technical guidance from the CDC, we are cancelling all sailings departing through May 2021. Disney Magic European Season Given the likelihood of international borders remaining closed for an extended period of time, we have also made the decision to cancel Disney Magic sailings through August 10, 2021. Canada Departures In light of the Canadian government’s announcement that they will not allow ships with more than 100 passengers to dock in any Canadian port until February 28, 2022, we are evaluating various options for the Disney Wonder’s scheduled season in Alaska. Once a decision is made, we will reach out to Guests booked on these sailings. Additionally, as previously shared, based on the conditional sail order provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Disney Cruise Line must cancel sailings longer than 7 nights. Guests booked on affected sailings, who have paid their reservation in full, will be offered the choice of a cruise credit to be used for a future sailing or a full refund. Guests, who have not paid their reservations in full, will automatically receive a refund of what they have paid so far. Affected Guests and travel agents will receive an email from Disney Cruise Line outlining details and next steps. Guests who've booked their reservation through a travel agent should contact them directly with any questions. Those who have booked directly with Disney Cruise Line, and have questions after receiving their email, should call (866) 325-6685 or (407) 566-7797." https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/guest-services/advisory/

NelleBelleJan 28, 2021

Not unexpected but so sad 😕

Kingdom KonsultantJan 27, 2021

I just got a bunch of client notifications through. Pam

DCBakerJan 27, 2021

Disney Cruise Line Coronavirus (COVID-19) Travel Alert January 27, 2021 Disney Cruise Line Extends Suspension of All Departures Through April and Select Disney Magic and Disney Wonder Sailings in May Our team at Disney Cruise Line remains focused on the health and well-being of our Guests and team members. We are carefully preparing for a return to service following the guidelines issued by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). As we continue to refine our protocols and await further technical guidance from the CDC, we are cancelling all sailings departing through April 2021 and select sailings onboard the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder in May. Sailings are cancelled aboard the Disney Fantasy through April 24; the Disney Dream through April 30; the Disney Magic through May 9; and the Disney Wonder through May 12. Additionally, as previously shared, based on the conditional sail order provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Disney Cruise Line must cancel sailings longer than 7 nights. Guests booked on affected sailings who have paid their reservation in full will be offered the choice of a cruise credit to be used for a future sailing or a full refund. Guests who have not paid their reservations in full will automatically receive a refund of what they have paid so far. Affected Guests and travel agents will receive an email from Disney Cruise Line outlining details and next steps. Guests who've booked their reservation through a travel agent should contact them directly with any questions. Those who've booked directly with Disney Cruise Line and have questions after receiving their email should call (866) 325-6685 or (407) 566-7797. https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/guest-services/advisory/

ChuckEliasJan 18, 2021

@DznyGrlSD I hope you and mom have an AMAZING cruise in January 2022 and have many a toast to your dad!

Kingdom KonsultantJan 14, 2021

I am so sorry for your loss.... I would cancel it sooner rather than later so you are not dealing with everyone trying to get through if they do cancel them. They will cancel them and refund the port fees and taxes as well as prepaid gratuities if you have them. They will not however automatically refund a cruise that they cancelled so you would have to let them know that you want it cancelled. Pam