Disney Parks Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D'Amaro talks about the reopening of Walt Disney World

Aug 26, 2020 in "The Walt Disney Company"

In a new interview, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro spoke to Roger Dow, President and CEO of U.S. Travel Association about the reopening of Disney's theme parks across the world.

Josh talks about the use of technology to manage attendance, including Disney Parks Pass, Mobile Order and how it can work beyond the pandemic.

The Dow Report | Josh D'Amaro (August 25, 2020) from U.S. Travel on Vimeo.

Article Posted: Aug 26, 2020 / 8:52am ET

JohnD2 days ago

Yep. I was there all last week. Most of the time, the PA announcement is from the familiar announcer you hear on buses. However, from time to time, I would hear the recording of a British woman making the same announcement. And don't think you won't hear it in Galaxy's Edge or Pandora to preserve theming. Nope. Announcements are park-wide.

wdwmagic2 days ago

Yep these have a bit out for a couple of weeks now. They have definitely had to make it clear that it isn't optional.

Sweet Thing2 days ago

I visited Animal Kingdom yesterday and noticed new signage and announcements stating that guests who do not follow the mask rules will be asked to leave. I did notice more cast members firmly asking guests to stop while eating, make sure their masks were covering their noses, or put their masks back on while taking photos. I spoke to a few cast members and every single one said they just want things to return to normal as quickly as possible and these rules are the only way. I witnessed a couple of cast get ignored by guests when enforcing the rules. Those cast members contacted their supervisors to give descriptions of those guests not complying. I can't remember ever seeing the company take a firm stand like this before.

Giss Neric11 days ago

I'm just kidding. It's all lies. I just wanted to switch the topic for a while.

GimpYancIent11 days ago

Ok, so a guy wore a mask with some wording on it. He Wore A Mask properly! No one care's what was written on it.

drizgirl11 days ago

You were about to report someone wearing a mask correctly?

Lilofan11 days ago

Easier to fire third party for a poor job.

Lilofan11 days ago

If third party crews get hurt on the job, Disney doesn't have to pick up their medical / injury costs. That could run into hundreds of thousands of dollars or even more depending on the severity of the injury.

Giss Neric12 days ago

I saw a guy in Magic Kingdom recently with a custom made mask that says "WORN BY FORCE, NOT BY CHOICE." I kinda felt that he was trouble already. I'm was about to report it to a CM but decided to let it go since he's not doing anything wrong anyways. It's just a silent protest. I saw him two times after that while walking in Fantasyland and the other while in the queue at Big Thunder. In all fairness to him, he was wearing the mask and wearing it correctly at both times.

ElvisMickey12 days ago

You’re hilarious, Oswald Cobblepot 🙄

JoeCamel12 days ago

Do not have to pay bennies as JohnD said and shifts liability to the third party if they are installed improperly

JohnD12 days ago

Part time, no more than 29 hours. Don't have to pay benefits unlike full time CMs. Hourly rate is also probably less than for full time CMs also.

Goofnut198012 days ago

How is this cheaper than having on staff maintenance crews perform the work?

MisterPenguin12 days ago

That baby carriage is not allowed in WDW!!