Florida Governor lifts capacity restrictions on bars and restaurants state-wide as the state moves to phase 3 reopening

25 days ago in "The Walt Disney Company"

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has today lifted all remaining COVID-19 restrictions on businesses in the state of Florida.

Specifically for bars and restaurants, there is no longer any state requirements to operate below 100% capacity. Also in today's executive order is a directive to prevent local authorities from closing businesses due to COVID-19 concerns.

It isn't yet clear how this will relate to Walt Disney World, as Disney is following its own phased reopening plans, which are far more cautious and controlled than state regulations.

Article Posted: Sep 25, 2020 / 1:06pm ET

Sirwalterraleigh41 minutes ago

I know...I snarfed at that one 😂 I heard a couple disturbing reports...but second handed Nobody In California is running for anything under contest. California is not at all in play. Based on what? The idea everyone should do it because there are few solid reasons to even argue it? This time around things are just strange. I follow the housing market closely in the beach towns in NJ near me thinking some day I’m gonna pick up a rental property. The market is insane right now. Houses are selling as fast as pre-bubble and for really high prices. The rich are getting richer. The stock market is soaring, there’s plenty of money changing hands, no capital constraints on the market overall. Then there’s tourist areas where more of the economy revolves around travel and tourism. Those areas could see foreclosures and a glut of available properties. It’s a very uneven distribution of economic strength and weakness. It will be interesting to see how It all plays out. I think the unbroken parts of the economy right now are assuming a major stimulus comes soon and that boosts everyone up. Seems a lot like 2006 to me...same kinda fervent shenanigans down the shore. And really every town. There are flippers bothering people all over the place. I just got back, and yes, I think they did a great job. So 100% full compliance?

GoofGoof1 hour ago

Earlier polling showed more political doubt but this poll had a much higher number. I never thought we would get over 75% participation no matter what. 2/3 would be a major accomplishment. Once the election is over the political backlash should mostly end. A small group may stick with their guy when he loses but most will come around.

EPCOT-O.G.1 hour ago

The "safe and effective" measure is going to be a tough one. There are so many starting out that have mistaken beliefs* over the current forms of vaccines available, and since this issue like everything else has been wrung through the political wringer, I fear the political views of those inclined to be skeptical may affect whether they'll take it based on who was 1) president when it was developed, and 2) who is president when it was deployed. *Anti-vaxxers are bipartisan, not intending to throw stones at any one side

GoofGoof1 hour ago

Decent news on the vaccine front, new survey out that polled 13,000 people in 19 countries and 72% said they would get a Covid vaccine if one proves safe and effective. 75% of respondents in the US so slightly above the worldwide average. Canada and UK at 69% and 71%. This seems much more positive than earlier polls on vaccines. https://news.yahoo.com/covid-19-vaccine-hesitancy-scientists-171602418.html

FuturePort831 hour ago

I was really surprised to see the visitor distance restrictions removed. It was my impression that tourism was one of the concerns. It makes me wonder if Disney focused their negotiations on removing those and not changing the tier.

drizgirl2 hours ago

I'd venture to say nobody will be writing pandemic policies for quite some time.

ImperfectPixie2 hours ago

The most enjoyable work/life balance I ever had was when I was living above the shop I worked at...on the main road through the harbor district in a quaint, New England fishing town, with the harbor able to be seen right from my bedroom window. Work from 9am-4:30pm Tues-Sat, dinner and either relaxing, or going out to one of the restaurants or other local places, or teaching class from 7:30-9:30 3 nights a week. Breakfast at a mom & pop joint every Sunday with fishing afterwards as long as the weather was nice. Tons of local beaches to go to, festivals in the fall, almost everything within walking distance...it was great. ETA: Teaching didn't really feel like "work"...it was just as much a social thing as it was getting paid to be in the shop after hours.

Kman2 hours ago

The CEO looked like a genius. The Shaw is the backbone to our town. It's huge here

JoeCamel2 hours ago

Mmmm, who wrote the policy and would they do that in the US? And will this be available today? As you say rare, and a one off.

EPCOT-O.G.3 hours ago

Yep. Pick a place within striking distance of your physical home base, but much better quality of life and decoupled from the hassles of commuting. If you can work from anywhere, why not a place where you can easily be outside, socially distance, and enjoy life? The Central FL market is going to be distressed in the next few months as people sadly won’t be able to afford their mortgages and the like, but it’s not happening yet. Probably later this year/early next. There’s no “bargains” now

Kman3 hours ago

The Shaw Festival in our area were almost prophetic per the attached. Granted...pretty rare https://www.google.ca/amp/s/nationalpost.com/entertainment/theatre/how-the-shaw-festival-kept-500-people-employed-by-taking-out-pandemic-insurance/wcm/c747acc7-c6c1-4953-b7f4-d3695320f663/amp/

TrainChasers3 hours ago

Agreed. I wouldn’t describe myself as wealthy but I’ve been looking at lake houses and the like. I figure if I’m going to spend so much time at home, I might as well get a nice view of some mountains and lakes!

Ldno3 hours ago

going back to what the post above said, what if the businesses in cali close, then uncle disney steps in and buys all local venues?