Florida to open COVID-19 vaccination to anyone age 18 and up

Mar 25, 2021 in "The Walt Disney Company"

Posted: Thursday March 25, 2021 9:43am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has today announced a significant update to Florida's COVID-19 vaccination timeline.

Beginning March 29 2021, anyone aged 40 and up will be eligible, and from April 5th the vaccine will be available to anyone aged 18 and up. President Joe Biden had recently stated that all states must make vaccines available to all adults by May 1 2021.

The current age limit for the vaccine is 50, although Orange County recently vaccinated a limited number of 40+ at the Orange County Convention Center.

This is a significant development for Walt Disney World, with many Cast Members currently not able to be vaccinated, despite being on the front lines and interacting with guests from across the country.

There has been some discussion that Walt Disney World may open its own site on property to efficiently handle vaccination for its Cast Members. Now that the state has moved forward on the eligibility, we may soon see Disney begin the process.

havoc31511 minutes ago

You would need control groups, as “restrictions” were only 1 of many many factors affecting infection rates. And such control groups aren’t possible. For example, you would need to compare infection rate with restrictions on October 1, 2020 with infection rate without restrictions on October 1, 2020, in order to control for seasonality.

durangojim27 minutes ago

What would be really interesting, but probably close to impossible, would be to see the demographics on a day by day basis for WDW and Universal and follow those people to see what infection rates during the restriction periods and then after.

havoc31551 minutes ago

James J2 hours ago

The info will be amongst various other threads here, but the likelihood seems very high for it to be much more normal feeling way before Summer 2022. I don't know how soon full on character greets will be back but our insiders point to fireworks being back within the next few weeks.

Giants144 hours ago

Apologises if this has already been discussed, i'm too lazy to read all 3000+ pages haha What is the likeihood of everything in Disney being re-opened for Summer 2022 - i.e do we believe fireworks and character greets being available next summer. Trying to convince my wife to go 2022 but there is the obvious concern of travelling etc

Phil129 hours ago

They're just trying to make the buses feel more like the Skyliner gondolas.😰

helenabear10 hours ago

Could've seriously fooled me as a lifelong Ohioan. Not joking either. Granted I've lived in a few different parts of the state and being in all 3 types (rural, suburban, and urban) so maybe I have a more wide spread view of things. But again Ohio is better than WV in terms of vax status and really any "diverse politics" are in bubbles. Sometimes living in a bubble I forget how singular it can be in many areas of the state. Then I drive down 71 or out 70 west and I'm reminded of the 100% difference between my suburban life and the rural that most of the state is.

TrainChasers11 hours ago

Really? Maybe it’s regional but I certainly have.

Polkadotdress11 hours ago

I can’t say that I’ve EVER seen a protesting mask!

Tom P.11 hours ago

lol. I lived for 30 years in Ohio. But thanks anyway.

iowamomof411 hours ago

I bet that explains it! Thanks!

GimpYancIent11 hours ago

Are these pilotless drones capable of transporting people or are they piloted? WDW does have an old airstrip.

DisneyFan3212 hours ago

I wonder WDW will have these as they will transfer people from Orlando airport to Walt Disney World in the future?

disneygeek9012 hours ago

Ahh yes I love standing up every 5 mins to let the people by me in my row that have to get up every inning. Thank god that’s back!!